A Note of Thanks and Update Info.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Over the last few months I have received some PM's and emails enquiring after my health and sending thoughts and good wishes.

This is a note to thank those who went to such trouble.

I'm far from being the only one on this forum who has been undergoing health issues and my thoughts go to those others, I wish you well.

All your good words have been of help and comfort to me, as I am sure similar words have been to others.

The update news is I have now finished my 6 month course of chemo treatment (thank goodness) The good news is that the tumour and cancer has shrunk back more than they expected. However, it is still terminal but I might have a bit longer than was first thought. Whilst there are no guarantees, I should see a good portion of next year. Better news than first thought which was this Christmas/New Year time.

According to my oncologist I have a rare combination form of cancer which most GP's would never see, those that do might come across it no more than once in their lifetime.
Guessing how long someone has is an inexact science in many such cases.

Thank you again to those who showed care. I shall try not to unduly bleat on about this but will continue to combat it by showing my perverse sense of humour about it from time to time.

Good health and best wishes to you all.
Pa Snip

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Diane
KG Regular

So pleased that all is well with you at this present moment. Looking forward to many more entertaining and informative posts from you. :)
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Pa Snip, in this world there are bad things, good things and then there are truly inspirational things......and your posts are certainly the third.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Dear Pa (& Mrs) Snip

Am pleased to hear the treatment had the required effect and you have been given this extra time and you choose to spend some of it on here with us. You are stoic & dignified and I'm sure all on here are sending all our thoughts & good wishes your way. If this forum is a way of ranting, shouting, or just living day to day doing the things you love please feel free to share with us if it helps. We are a small forum but pretty damn supportive in an anonymous way, whether it be growing advice, tips or completely off topic & personal it is fine - it's general chat after all, and there will be someone who may just send the right message back to uplift your spirits on an off day.

Westi
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Dear Pa & Mrs Snip
What a lovely heart warming post! I was delighted to read you have been given some encouraging news about your treatment and that you have snatched back some extra time. Nobody who hasn't suffered a diagnosis like yours can really imagine what it's like to spend every day with a cloud hovering over you, but you have been an inspiration of courage and good humour and we all hope these characteristics will stand you in good stead for the remainder of your journey.

Come and rant on here if you need to. Nobody expects somebody with your condition to be Mother Teresa. I'm sure in our anonymous way we will all do our best to support you and your fellow forum invalids. Meanwhile Carpe Diem !
Pa Snip
KG Regular

wow, such replies just go to show how caring you are, thanks.

Diane
I hope I continue to entertain and inform for some while. Thank you.
OH
Such a nice thing to say, the main thing I set out to do at the very onset of this illness was to try and inspire others to find humour whenever they can.
In my view when an illness is really serious, or terminal, tears happen but I aim to avoid them and use laughter to overcome and survive.

Westi

We are indeed a small forum, I have been surprised since I first joined just how small the bunch of regular contributors are. You are right about being supportive though.

Having relied heavily on laughter to lighten my spirit I have never yet felt down about things. I do hope the posts I make give others who are suffering a reason to smile or laugh

Primrose

Hmm, what can I say, your words have been so caring and supportive both on the board and via PM, thank you so much.
Shed breakfast (with black pudding ) would be served anytime upon request :)

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
dan3008
KG Regular

Pa Snip, I've only been on here a short while, and have already come to associate your posts with a smile, good humour and more often than not, an interesting new fact.

I want to send words of comfort and support, but I'm really not good at that kind of thing. so instead, I'm going to do what I am good at :) saying it as I see it:

you are strong, you are a solider. Against all odds you have survived this long. Despite the S*** (sorry, i cant think of a better word) you are still happy, positive, friendly and helpful. You still have a laugh, and make people smile. You are a good person, and the world would be a better place if there were more people like you.

keep fighting, and we'll be here for you all the way :)
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Pa Snip
KG Regular

dan3008 wrote:I want to send words of comfort and support, but I'm really not good at that kind of thing.

Despite the S*** (sorry, i cant think of a better word).

keep fighting, and we'll be here for you all the way :)

Dan, thank you

You underestimate your own ability, your words were gratefully received.

Don't apologise for the 'S' word, there has been times on this journey where it has been exactly that, deep 'S' in fact, and unfortunately there will be times when it is exactly that again.

I shall indeed keep fighting, through humour and pure enjoyment of my plot mostly. Well I call it humour, other members of the forum may have different names for it :D

Catherine
KG Regular

Pa Snip I was really glad to hear your updated info.

You are such a positive person and I am glad you have been given extra time for you and Mrs Pa Snip

I know from experience how supportive this forum is when you are having a tough time.

Keep fighting all the way. Very Best wishes to you both :)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Catherine

Thanks so much. From the outset I decided there was no point in being negative, it's a fact of life that death comes to us all eventually, just a matter of when and how.
My way is going to be through an innocuous disease at some point and there is nothing I can do now to change that.
So I don't see the point in shedding tears or being negative.

The one thing about having a allotment or being a keen gardener is how many other people can say they will go to their grave still sowing their seeds no matter what their age.
:D :roll:

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Pa |Snip. Keep your chin up, and think positive.
retropants
KG Regular

Pa Snip,
I am also no good with words. I have typed and deleted several times on this post. So I'll echo Dan and shallot man if I may.

and add......Keep strong, keep on keeping on.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:Pa |Snip. Keep your chin up, and think positive.

Thanks Shallot Man believe me I do in both cases.

retropants wrote:Pa Snip,
I am also no good with words. I have typed and deleted several times on this post. So I'll echo Dan and shallot man if I may.

and add......Keep strong, keep on keeping on.

In which case Retro your persistence is very much appreciated.

What a great bunch of people you all are

Westi
KG Regular

We so need a 'Like' button don't we guys & girls?

Westi
Westi
FredFromOssett
KG Regular

Hello Pa Snip
It's not as though we actually know each other, but there is an essence of knowing you through your posts.
Like so many other contributors to this thread, I'm not good at expressing the right words in cases such as yours, but your fortitude and positive attitude are inspirational. They certainly put my aches and pains into perspective.
All I can say is keep fighting - and keep inspiring; good luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic