Malvern Mob

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Hope you all had the best day ever, been thinking about you lot today enjoying the company, and i'm sure the excellent food.
Hope you have got some good tales for all of us. :shock:
Were you lot talking about me at about 12.30 as my ears were really burning, i suppose it would have been things like, He is a real gentleman and the like. :wink:
Piglet hope that tusk didn't spoil the day for you.

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Tigger
KG Regular

Of course we were talking about you Old Herb, as well as everyone else.

We had a great day - the weather was perfect, the food was excellent, the show was first class and the company was exceptional! Even the OH's enjoyed it, although they clearly still think there's something adrift in our genetic construction.

We're all tired but happy bunnies.
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi OH, we had a fabulous day and in the end there was me, Seedling, the Piglets, Tigger and Lyndon, Jenny Green and Johnboy plus a surprise appearance from Wellie and Paul. The weather was great, the picnic even better and I've emailed the photos to Piglet so he may be able to post some of them on here.

I don't recall talking about you at 12.30 I'm afraid, unless you've changed your name to game pie, road kill quiche or lemon tart...
Last edited by Chantal on Sun May 14, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Wellie
KG Regular

Hey Old herbaceous !

It must of been when Piglet told Paul that your ears were burning, and that you could get cream for it now....
Wellie
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Well OH, we got there at 9am and were parked 3 cars from Chantal, right next to the gate and 10 yards from toilets, quality indeed. We all met up at 12.30 and had a feast fit for kings with all sorts from lemon tarts to game pie, red wine to chicken tikka wraps, home made breads to muffins. Enough to stick a skinny mans ribs together. We all had such a whale of a time tentative arrangements have already been made by some of us to have a "weekender" at the Harrogate Autum show. Anybody is more than welcome.

OH, Piglette (Johnboys new name for Mrs P)was talking about you at that time as Tigger brought her two lucious pots of plump corriander that were magnificent indeed:D

The plant swap went really well with people going home with thousands of pots courtesy of Johnboy and things of all description from everybody else. Tigger even brought us all little goodie bags.

All those of you who couldnt come or went on other days you missed out on a treat, especially the sight of Piglette walking to the car park carrying a 5" high, huge standard fuschia and me in my shorts.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
seedling
KG Regular

Hi Old Herbaceous,
I too thought the day was brilliant. Everyone was so friendly. Got some lovly plant swaps, great food, and great company. Looking forward to the next get together. Seedling
Chantal
KG Regular

If you think 5" is big you are in deep trouble my little Piglet! :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

How did i know it would be you that spotted the 5'' thing Chantal :shock:
Good description of the day piglet.
Really pleased you all had a great day, hope Johnboy didn't wear you youngsters out. :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

THERES NO FOOL LIKE AN OLD FOOL.
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Glad to hear you got your standard fuschia Piglet & Piglette. Hope you got a bargain!
I had a brilliant day although Johnboy was hairier than I thought he'd be. It was great to meet everyone.
I came back with 15 plants and a concrete tortoise. :oops: Don't know what possessed me!
Oh yes and we talked about EVERYONE in great DETAIL.
Geoff
KG Regular

So where are the pics, decorating the sty?
Johnboy
KG Regular

Having spent one of those days that will go into the memory bank I have been home, eaten a fabulous meal cooked by my Daughter I drifted into sleep.
Having had a descent kip and at 2am I could and would willingly do it all again.
I was wonderful to see them all and especially Jenny Green who has been my sparring partner for as long as I have been on the Forum (about 4 years now)
My thanks to Wellie for a wonderful lunch.
I have for sometime thought just plain Mrs Piglet was wrong as she is a super girl in her own right and decided to call her Piglette which gives her her own persona.
Welcome the one and only PIGLETTE!!!
Wellie, Paul and myself found that by rather badly parking our cars we could assure a wonderful little picnic area and a few hours later it so proved. Lyndon made the most fantastic Game Pie you ever did spy. I was magnificent! Tigger gave us all a wonderful little 'Party Bag' and one of the things in mine was a packet of Gherkin Seeds and I meant to buy one earlier in the year and clean forgot so I am totally indebted to her. Glad that Seedling was driving as this meant Chantal got to the show instead of watching the Aircraft at London Airport!!
Piglet and Piglette a nicer couple you couldn't wish to meet. By the way Piglet the Fuchsia was 5 FEET tall not inches!! What a wonderful sight both the carrier and the carried. Who's looking after it when you both skive off to France soon. I'm sorry Piglet you'll have to stay home and I'm afraid I'll have to take you place!! Have a wonderful time you lucky Buggers.
Well I think it's time for my medication. This consists of a brew with a liberal lacing of the 'Amber Nectar.'
What a wonderful day. Thank you each and every one of you for making it so.
Sincerely, Johnboy.
Wellie
KG Regular

It was SO lovely to meet you all at last.

The party bag was 'inspired' Tigger, made me giggle...
And thank you SO much for the brollies Chantal, luckily not needed yesterday !
Thanks JB for the modules and pots, and it was particularly GOOD parking, no?!

Seedling, thanks for the Peperoncino plant, the cucumber variety I gave you is Telegraph I think...

Piglet, thanks for the Red Hot Cherry plants (and the greenfly, cheers mate!) If you PM me your address, I'll send you and Piglette some of those chocky ginger bickies to try. Those blueberry muffins were ace by the way !

Paul really enjoyed the day too, and is determined to contribute to the forum himself from now on as "The Trousers".

We had lots of fun, thank you all for a lovely day.
Wellie
lizzie
KG Regular

Hello you lot

I'm so chuffed you all had a fab time. I was sitting on the lottie yesterday, thinking about you all while I was pulling out couch and bindweed roots on my next bed. Sorry that I missed it but, hopefully, will make the next one.

The food sounds fab, blueberry muffins too, my favourite. I know that the Grock was thinking about you all too.

I hope that JB behaved himself and didn't wear you all out!!!!

Once again, glad you all enjoyed yourselves
Lots of love

Lizzie
Piglet
KG Regular

Jb was an utter gent but watch out for his whiskers ladies, they are his secret erm "touch".

We look forward to Seeing you in the flesh so to speak at the autumn show or at Gardeners world live Lizzie.
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
lizzie
KG Regular

You too and Piglette, Chantal and anyone else who fancies a day out.

There's a show on at Boddelwydden Castle in North Wales over the Bank Holiday weekend so am hoping to go to that with the family. My brother, his wife and my mum may be going too so that will be nice.

The Old Man thought just me and him would go and stop overnight in the hotel but it was going to cost nearly £200 for one night so we're not doing that. The castles only about an hour away from us so it doesn't matter.

Still, i've got GW live coming up, my mum bought me a ticket for Tatton Park for my birthday treat so will go there with her and then there's Malvern Autumn show when me and hopefully Grock will be able to make it. Loads to look forward to so it's all systems go!!! :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic