Today I have been mostly.........

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

Blimey, I was like this when I was a kid but I have a wonderful dentist and it bothers me not at all now. :D In fact, call me weird, but I'd rather go to the dentist than have my hair cut. I HATE having my hair cut :shock: Good luck tomorrow Piglet.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peter
KG Regular

I've had fillings with no anasthetic to avoid injections.

Had a stomach endoscopy, camera into stomach, without anasthetic, 'cos they would only offer an injection, all I had was a spray at the back of my throat.

When I had a large cyst removed from my side my last words before going under went roughly like this as the nurse put a canula in the back of my hand.
"Will that be there when I come round?"
"Yes"
"Oh fu...."unconcious.

The private hospital where I had my facet-block injections on my back last year was a bit better, I was out cold while they gave me about seven jabs deep between my vertebrae.

Only downside was the loss of bladder control for the rest of the day. :oops:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Chantal
KG Regular

Peter, I'm needle phobic too and had an endoscopy with only the spray (yuk). I passed out once before I even had a jab, the sight of the needle was enough. However, although I agree it was bad in the past, my dentist sprays my gum first and then injects when I can't feel it. It really doesn't hurt so long as I can't see anything happening. I've not had a jab for a very long time now and I hope I never have another, but it's still better than those damn scissors in the hands of some lunatic hairdresser. :shock:
Chantal

pigletwillie
KG Regular

and me playing front row most Saturdays scared witless by a 5 foot nothing slip of a dentist. Give me a rucking any day. Well I am off to bed and then up at 2pm for the dentist at 3.15pm.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
peter
KG Regular

My OH is scared witless of moths :!:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Chantal
KG Regular

Piglet, it'll be over before you know it and your tusks will all be healthy and gleaming ready for Malvern. Good luck chuck. :?
Chantal

lizzie
KG Regular

Peter

One of my brothers is needle and blood phobic. He passed out during the birth of his first son. The midwife looked at him, shrugged her shoulders, said "he'll come round in a minute" then stepped over him and carried on with the delivery.

The needle ones a bit of a bugger cos he's diabetic and my other brother, also diabetic, torments him when he's giving himself an insulin shot. He gives him a full running commentary just to wind him up. He goes the most unusual shade of green :shock:

Apart from dentist, nothing else really bothers me. I've found it best to dive in and get on with it. It's the anticipation that's worse
Lots of love

Lizzie
Beccy
KG Regular

Thinking of you Piglet.

Chantal, I'm with you on the hairdressers, which is why I haven't had my hair cut for twenty years :lol: . Last time I went in one was to ask for some change it being the only place I could have got some, I was so scared I literally gibbered :shock: and had to run out again. Pathetic eh :oops: ?
lizzie
KG Regular

I'm not scared of the hairdressers, I just hate going.

I hate all the gibberish. You know where are you going on holiday/night out etc. I just want them to cut my hair so I can leave and get on with something else.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

I can sympathise Beccy; I go in for an appointment and if I'm kept waiting I often lose my nerve and run for it. :? I've got better in the last year or two but I'm a bag of nerves.

Lizzie, take a book or better still a crossword and say you don't want to natter; they often seem grateful not to have to make small talk. :D
Chantal

lizzie
KG Regular

I should do really, but I often just walk in and get my hair cut, not bothering with appointments. The one I go to now is fab, you can have a giggle. She was winding me up last time cos she knew I was green with envy. She got to see U2 in Madison Square Gardens twice. Bitch. Alvina is great though.

I hate the swish places with their potted palms and wall to wall mirrors. Horrible.
Lots of love

Lizzie
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

Today i have been burning on the plot.got everything done what needed to be done and didnt realise how hot it was,i now look like a lobster(FANTASTIC,WILL NOT LOOK LIKE MILK BOTTLE WHILST IN SPAIN) :D :D ,but am very sore,am now sitting here with cold wet towels all over me 8)
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Chantal
KG Regular

You'll probably look like a Swan Vesta instead now Grock :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chantal

lizzie
KG Regular

She'll only need to get her white suit on :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

matchstick mayby when i was 25!
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic