Tigger OBE

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Woo-Hoo!
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Tigger
KG Regular

I got it for services to vulnerable people. 39 years in the NHS, third sector and local government, but that's just my job. As far as I know the Department of Health nominated me, supported by the Local Government Association and endorsed by my boss.

Since I went to Gloucestershire in 2010 I have done a lot of regional and national work, most recently on the Prime Minister's Challenge for dementia, so I'm sure that has been a factor. All that said, it's just stuff that I feel passionate about and nothing more than anybody else is doing.

I've just been lucky!

I was hoping James would get his OBE this year so we could go together to St James' Palace but 'twas not to be. :(
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Well done again Tigger, it's so good to hear of people who achieve recognition for doing the things that really matter to people and not for being a celebrity..not that you aren't a celebrity to us of course! :D

MW
retropants
KG Regular

Absolutely wonderful Tigger, well done indeed :)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

nothing more than anybody else is doing

Tigger it is that sort of laudable modesty which has led to you being nominated and accepted for such an honour.

This is what the honours should be about

Once again,, congratulations

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Commendable Tigger!

Service's to Dementia should be recognized, the poor individuals suffering it may not realize they are actually dying & neither do their friends & family. The saddest thing is the way the poor individuals get into the institution called the NHS! Not the best place for those vulnerable people!

Well Done!

Westi
Westi
Cider Boys
KG Regular

Congratulations Tigger, it is good to know that your efforts have been recognised. I too worked for the NHS for eleven years as a Medical Engineer up to my retirement and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I did not receive an O.B.E. but I did receive a few cards from some of the nurses thanking me for my efforts in being so helpful in repairing their medical equipment so promptly. When my wife read the cards she said "Who is this wonderful man? I certainly don't recognise him!". Unfortunately I still get teased about it by my daughter, sister, sister in law and all who my wife likes to relate the tale to. Still I do look back on my life in the various types of engineering I did and it is with the most fondness that I remember my time spent in an EBME department of the NHS.

Well done

Barney
Tigger
KG Regular

Thank you. :oops:
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I hadn't read this thread thinking it to be a joke I wouldn't understand because I'm still a newcomer to this forum, after three pages I needed to know what I was missing.

I still don't understand the reason behind some honours though after reading all the comments and congratulations I feel this is what honours are about.

What a lovely achievement through being a nice hard-working person and impressing enough people to push you to the front.

Well done.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Chantal
KG Regular

Congratulations Tigger old friend, what an absolutely brilliant end to an a really difficult year for you.

Gutted James can't make it with you but hey, you can't have everything :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic