Malvern - Final arrangements

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

Still time for you to join us Peter... :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I must admit Peter, i'm also very sad, about not to be going. But i'm not sure if they are quite ready for me yet anyway, i'm just breaking them in gently. :wink:
Will you have a thought for myself, Peter and the gorgeous Grock, when you are all tucking into that moutain of home produced food.
Sounds as if you are really going to have a great day, and i hope you do. :lol:
Mrs P the corriander's going great guns, i can't give it away quickly enough. :wink:

Kind regards the Old Herbaceous.

A hungry man is an angry man.
lizzie
KG Regular

Wish I was going too. I'll be thinking of everyone tucking in to lovely grub, having a good giggle and meeting up with new friends.

I'm going now to have a tantrum. :cry:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

Not knowing the area, I've been on the AA website and it would appear that there is a BP Service Station called Sunny Lodge that is on the A449 very close to the showground. Would this be any use as a meeting place for us all? JB do you know of a better place?
Chantal

Deb P
KG Regular

I'm hoping to make the meet too, not certain yet, depends on work this week; are you planning to meet somewhere inside the show as well?
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Deb, it would be great to see you. I'll PM you my mobile number and if you can make it, give me a call to find us. :D
Chantal

Tigger
KG Regular

Have we agreed on Sunny Lodge as a meeting place then? What time do you want us there Chantal?
Chantal
KG Regular

I would have thought pretty early, but I'll go with the flow and Tigger, you are the official organiser so you choose and I'll do as I'm told. :D
Chantal

Tigger
KG Regular

Crikey. :shock:

The Sunny Lodge it is then. As some have a fair distance to travel, would 10am be a reasonable time to meet up, or would folks prefer a little later?
pigletwillie
KG Regular

We will see you in there as we will be banging on the gates at 9.00am when they open.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Chantal
KG Regular

I think I'm with Piglet to be honest as these things get very crowded, very quickly. I'll have to check with Seedling, but I think we could be there a lot earlier than 10am, 8.30 at the service station would probably be better. Seedling, over to you.
Chantal

Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Chantal,
I will meet you in the carpark at Malvern. Like our Porcine friend I aim to be there when the doors open.
Mobile Phones at the ready!
Do we know how many will be coming? Quite a few by the sound of it.
JB.
seedling
KG Regular

If there is disagreement about meeting time perhaps we should all meet in the showground at 9.30am..What do you think? I know alot of you have each others mobile numbers. If any of you have been to the showground before are there any "obvious" meeting place/landmarks? I`m keen to make a day of it and see as much as possible.
Seedling
Chantal
KG Regular

I'm fine to do anything; the only reason we were thinking of meeting outside was to be able to go in as a convoy and be able to park next to each other, thus making our personal boot fair and picnic a lot easier to arrange. This only matters if the car park is the size of a field; does anyone know?
Chantal

Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Chantal,
We know that we are going to a particular car park but if anybody is not in that carpark it may be a bit difficult.
I really think that getting together as early as we possibly can is more assurance of a group being together than any other method.
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic