Good Days

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Arnie
KG Regular

Hi everyone :D

We have just spent two days dismantling my 20ft wooden greenhouse which was a lot quicker than it took to build :) I will be replacing the greenhouse with an 8X6 aluminium one and a 20ft poly tunnel which will give us a longer growing season.
The weather has been such a bonus being so warm and sunny for this time of year :shock: another bonus was that I planted my French beans (blue lake) late and they are just about ready to be cropped so very happy with my good fortune albeit from my mistake :lol:

In a break from all this work I have been watching large flocks of Martin & Swallows heading south :) :( a lot more than previous years, flocks numbering 50 plus and this happened on both days and will no doubt continue for the next couple of days :)

Kind Regards

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Primrose
KG Regular

I hope you get a lot of pleasure from your new greenhouse and polytunnel. I just wish I had the space! Your swallows are a lot later leaving than ours who seemed to disappear a fortnight ago and we are much further souther thsn you too. I was rather surprised in view of all the sunshine we've been having and thought that the insect supply would have induced them to stay a lottle longer. Perhaps they know something we don,t.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Arnie, good luck with your on going projects and hope you have many years of enjoyment out of your new greenhouse and polytunnel.

I think our Swallows are still about.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic