Malvern - Final arrangements

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Tigger
KG Regular

As May 14th is looming, I thought it was time we agreed a time and place to meet, check who wants what in the way of plant swaps and finalise the picnic menu.

Whose going to start then?
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

I'm a very jelouse grock,its not fair,i want to come :(
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Chantal
KG Regular

I've had my instructions and am supplying the plates, glasses and weapons. Tigger has clearly heard about my cooking! :shock:

I have loads of Peperoncino, Caribbean mixed and Hot & Spicy Chillies, together with a FEW Explosive Ember and Pimiento di Padron. Piglet I already have your name on a couple of Tepins. I have loads of Roma tomatoes too, so put your orders in if anyone wants anything. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Here are a few of the bits we are taking to find new homes.

Sweet Peppers
Corno rosso, Dolce de Bergamo,

Hot Blighters
Westlandse rhode red, peperoncino, Red Hot Cherry, Inferno, lipstick :shock: .

Tomatoes
Sweet Million, Incas F1, Marmande, Rio Grande, Golden Sunrise, Gardeners Delight.

Onions
Kelsae, Bedfordshire Champion, Brunswick

Odds N Sods
Rosemary, flowers, Potato Sets (pink fir apple, King Ed, Sarpo Axona),

And for a lucky person a REAL PEPPADEW PEPPER PLANT from South Africa :D :D .

Foods we are bringing are Coloeslaw, Lemon mascapone cheese cake,Quiche suprise, cooked meats, Scones and preserves and a flagon of sprout wine :shock: .
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Jenny Green
KG Regular

I've been conservative with my sowing this year so won't be bringing anything to swap I'm afraid. However I will be supplying asparagus quiche potato salad and a rather small amount of blackcurrant cordial (only just managed to save the last of it from disappearing down dh's gullet!)
Tigger
KG Regular

Well then - this is looking good! I'll change my original list as it included quiche and potato salad. OH will make a game pie, bread and a desert (yet to be determined) and I'll make a fish pate (imagine the accent over the e please) and a meat pate (ditto) plus a salad. We'll bring a flagon of Jack Ratt cider and some apple juice for the drivers.

As for plants - in addition to the ones already promised, I've definitely got cucumbers, dahlias, melons and peppers to bring. There should be some herbs ready and there might be others too, depending on this week's weather. I'll post them up as soon as I'm sure. Ideally, I would prefer to bring things that folk want, rather than just take the little darlings out for a day trip, so please put your orders in.

Piglet - can I have some onions and flowers please plus a few of the hot blighters?

Chantal - can I have some Chillis from you too?

Right - I'm off to sort out something to wear that has an elasticated waist........
Tigger
KG Regular

How could I have forgotten to mention Cape Gooseberries?! Anyone for 100 or more?
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Piglet, I'd love one of each of your peppers and chillies, if they're available, except the peperoncino of which I have about 60. :D
Chantal

Streps
KG Regular

Tigger wrote:Well then - this is looking good! I'll change my original list as it included quiche and potato salad. OH will make a game pie, bread and a desert (yet to be determined) and I'll make a fish pate (imagine the accent over the e please) and a meat pate (ditto) plus a salad. We'll bring a flagon of Jack Ratt cider and some apple juice for the drivers.

Thought you might like to know how to make an accent - if you press 'ctrl' and 'alt' and the letter you want it over all at the same time you will get your é for paté.

Trip sounds like great fun, have a good time everyone.
Tigger
KG Regular

Thankyou Streps. How clever is that?
lizzie
KG Regular

Maybe me and The Grock will hijack you all.

We could run into the tent, grab Piglet and hold him hostage until someone makes Mr T do a strip for Grock. If he doesn't, then Piglets for a roasting again.

Ha, ha ha ha, I do feel evil :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
seedling
KG Regular

Hi all. Have we come to any arrangements about meeting place on Sunday? Not sure if I missed it? I`m bringing feta and pine nut couscous and some other stuff which I hope I will have decide on by Friday. Haven`t got plant to bring as I`m new to this lark. Will bring some flower seeds I`ve got in case anyones interested. Looking forward to seeing you all. Seedling :D
Jenny Green
KG Regular

How many are coming? (I need to know how big to make the quiche!)
Chantal
KG Regular

If we all get together, I make it 9 of us (if you are alone). I'm taking a dozen plates and weapons etc just in case.

Have we decided on a meeting place yet? I suggested a long time ago that we met outside the showground so that we could all drive into the car park together (at least those of us with Gold Car Park passes) as it would be a lot easier to swap plants and picnic with the cars parked side by side. But, I have never been there and have no idea of the locale. Any ideas anyone? Also, what time are we planning on arriving? The earlier the better I would have thought but I'll go with the majority.

Jenny, would you like some chillies and sweet peppers? I'm not looking to swap, just give some away.
Chantal

peter
KG Regular

Chantal wrote: I'm taking a dozen plates and weapons etc just in case.

Chantal, has someone offended, or are you going armed for pig?

Seriously, hope you all have a great time.

Regards, an envious Peter.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic