App

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

OK not the right forum maybe but will argue is technical! Can anyone recommend an app for my phone that will give me a UK planting guide / calendar? Have lots of lovely hard copy ones from magazines but either snails or mice like to nibble them so don't last long in the lottie shed!

Neither did my woolly beanie for that matter! :)

Westi
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

I'm sure Old Codger will be along to suggest something shortly. Regret I don't have a smart phone.
tracie
KG Regular

I would like to think I may be smarter than my phone :D
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Erm. Does this mean you disassociate yourself with moon-phase-planting ? :D And on a more serious note isn't it all about outside temperatures rather than annual habits ?

Last year I lost most of my sowing and planting by following calendar guidelines, it was far to cold. This year I'm waiting until the weather looks right and the night-time temperatures are above ten degrees.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Westi
KG Regular

Actually found one free from Mr Fothergill's & it's location specific with first & last frost dates which you can adjust. The only thing against it is it is all alphabetical with fruit, herbs & veges all together in a big long list but is all by month.

It's a start though & I'm sure there will be more out there if I don't loose the will with the App store wanting me to log in every few minutes or so!

Westi
Westi
old codger
KG Regular

Sorry Westie,i can't help you on that one. The only App I use is round the corner it's name is O.H.he is quite useful at times :lol: :lol:
All the best
old codger
alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
peter
KG Regular

old codger wrote:Sorry Westie,i can't help you on that one. The only App I use is round the corner it's name is O.H.he is quite useful at times :lol: :lol:

Would that be an Aged Parental Person?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
old codger
KG Regular

peter wrote:
old codger wrote:Sorry Westie,i can't help you on that one. The only App I use is round the corner it's name is O.H.he is quite useful at times :lol: :lol:

Would that be an Aged Parental Person?

Yes over fifty fives i think :roll: :lol:
All the best
old codger
Westi
KG Regular

Funny Alan! :)

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic