I don't believe it

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Arnie
KG Regular

Hi

Just been to my allotment to feed my hens :) and I was stung by a bloody wasp :twisted: a wasp in December I ask you :shock: what made it even worse I was wearing finger-less gloves and it stung me right on the end of my finger :evil: not a happy chap at the moment :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Arnie
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Arnie, that's awful bad luck, i think that's the latest i've heard of someone getting stung.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Bad ,uck. I expect the wasp was pretty surprised to find anybody invading his territory at this time of year too, :lol:
retropants
KG Regular

sorry to hear that Arnie!

there was a huge bumbler on the strawberry tree on sunday, which is covered in flowers at the moment.
Catherine
KG Regular

On Tuesday night I was walking through from my dining room through to the lounge and found a hugh wasp sitting on our door into the hall. As I walked through it started to fly off and my OH managed to catch it and release it outside. I am glad we found it in day light not in the middle of the night in the bedroom. :shock:
Arnie
KG Regular

Hi Catherine,

So it s your fault :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Catherine
KG Regular

:oops: Sorry. :lol:
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Must be all the queen wasps coming in for the winter. I had one sitting on the side of the kitchen roll. Luckily I spotted it before tearing a piece off!
FelixLeiter
KG Regular

My sister was stung by a wasp in February two years ago. She fell into a coma, nearly died if it was not for the drugs pumped into her promptly. She was sick for six months with the after-effects of the drugs. Fine now, though, and still with us, which is the main thing.
Allotment, but little achieved.
Monika
KG Regular

That sounds awful, Felix. If your sister suffered from an anaphylactic shock, I hope she now carries an epipen. My OH does and, though he has never had to use it, it is renewed every year just in case.

We had two frogs hopping about in the garden yesterday. I thought they would be hibernating in a wall now or still in the pond - the seasons are odd this year.
Catherine
KG Regular

Well you wont believe it either.Tonight we lit our open fire in the lounge and I had filled the wood basket with wood from our wood store in the back garden. Just minding my own business waiting for the lamb to finish roasting in the oven in the kitchen and with the fire ticking away nicely when a wasp flew out of the wood basket. OH came to the rescue and removed it swiftly. Peace resumed but we are convinced that there are more wasps in the wood store as this is the second in as many weeks. :shock:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just for the record, Catherine is on about her OH, and not me.... :oops:

Not that i would have objected, of course. :)

WestHamRon
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Just for the record, Catherine is on about her OH, and not me.... :oops:

Not that i would have objected, of course. :)

A long trip for one wasp though. :lol:
Catherine
KG Regular

Ohh sorry to confuse everyone. I did mean my OH not OH I think I need a new abbreviation maybe OTHH Over the hill Husband (ohh no that is too much) (his suggestion not mine!!) I will try and say my OH not you OH. Though I am not complaining. I am sure if I had called you would have saved me.. :lol:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Indeed i would have, Catherine.... :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic