clay

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

We kinda need a 'like' facility on this forum!

Westi
Westi
Stephen
KG Regular

Robo
A couple of excellent bits of work! I admire them both.
I don't have deep soil but I am on a slope with underlying geology of clay and chalk, so whilst the soil can get heavy and is very stoney, these are irritations compared to water standing on the surface.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
freddy
KG Regular

Raised beds
The future aint all it used to be
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

What is a "like" facility?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Plumpudding, i'm so glad you asked that question, as i thought i was the only one sitting here, not knowing. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hello OH - can't be too vital if we have managed so far without knowing it exists (or doesn't).
Westi
KG Regular

Like facility is a Face Book thing - if you like a picture or entry you can give your positive support of it by just clicking a 'like' button so you don't have to open up a screen & make a comment. The person submitting knows you have read and have liked their post!

The major problem with Face Book is there is not an 'unlike' - boy I'd rather click that for most of the garbage people put on there! (Not like this fine forum!) Mary is at such & such a pub - get a life!! :evil: A couple of us old ladies that lunch & garden are fighting back by putting on rubbish like being on the number such & such bus, sharpening our tools etc. Nippers don't get it but we're having fun! :D :D

Westi
Westi
Stephen
KG Regular

:lol: Westi I agree (I am very tempted to say that I like it - oh d**n I've said it now.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
freddy
KG Regular

Westi wrote:We kinda need a 'like' facility on this forum!

Westi

No 'like' facility? I'm amazed, because the 'ignore' function is clearly active....
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Freddy, i'm afraid to say, the forum has got a little like that just lately.

Hope you are keeping well?
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

Hi fredy, I am in the middle of biulding 6 raised beds at present as well as everything else I am involved with ,I always thought retirement was so you could take it easy
freddy
KG Regular

Hiya O/H :)

oldherbaceous wrote:Morning Freddy, i'm afraid to say, the forum has got a little like that just lately.

Hope you are keeping well?

Very well thanks apart from some stress, I'm in the process of moving house. This means leaving behind my relatively large garden and taking on something a lot smaller. Naturally, I'm not best pleased, but there are other considerations. Fortunately, I've been able to secure an allotment plot which is only 5 mins away from the new house, so not all is lost :wink:

Hiya robo :)

robo wrote:Hi fredy, I am in the middle of biulding 6 raised beds at present as well as everything else I am involved with ,I always thought retirement was so you could take it easy

Where I am now, I have 10 raised beds (8ft x 4ft) which I put in when we first moved in, 6 years ago. I used 8" x 2" timber which wasn't cheap, but as far as I'm concerned, it was a sound investment given how relatively easy they are to maintain. I will definitely be putting some on my plot, even though it's a sloping site.

Cheers...Freddy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic