Facebook

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

Any Facebook users on here who can help me please?
My favourite nephew has died of a brain tumour at the tender age of 56. He has worked in the USA for a number of years and his friends and colleagues over there have created a fine set of memories postings on Facebook. I'm not a user, although I have got as far as creating an account, but want to add some earlier UK and family memories, stories and photographs. I naively created something in Word with embedded photographs thinking I could copy it across. It copies text OK but not the pictures, when I upload them they go to the end of the document (I say they, I only tried one).
My question is, can I create a post of alternating photographs and captions/explanations or do I have to create a separate post for each photograph?
peter
KG Regular

Post a collection of pictures in one go, then en-caption each one separately.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Geoff
KG Regular

Thanks for that. Managed the multiple photo load but couldn't find the way to write separate captions so just wrote notes 1 to 5. It said I had sent it but can't see it anywhere, is there a delay?
peter
KG Regular

Variable, also depends on your newsfeed settings whether you're viewing latest or most popular stories.

All your posts will have settings as regards who can see what you posted.

Go to your time line to change who can see what you've already posted.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Chantal
KG Regular

peter wrote:Variable, also depends on your newsfeed settings whether you're viewing mlatrstnor kost popular stories.

All your posts will have settings as regards who can see what you posted.

Go to your time line to change whoucan see what you've already posted.

Good bottle of wine Peter? :lol: :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Geoff
KG Regular

Well I had a go and some sort of administrator picked it up and sort of sorted it out. So ends my brief flirtation with Facebook, don't understand why it has become so popular. Then I don't understand twittering all day or wittering on mobiles for ever, bah humbug.
Chantal
KG Regular

On the news this morning was Mark Zuckerberg's sister saying that people should look up from their screens and enjoy their lives in reality instead of the cyber world.

I deleted my FB account a month ago, I never did understand it, :D but I would struggle to live without my iPhone :oops:

Glad you're sorted Geoff.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Geoff
KG Regular

I deleted my FB account a month ago

Don't you believe it! When I started trying to write my tribute I tried to create an account, it told me an account already exists for that email address. Then I remembered over a year ago I created an account to enter a competition, did the entry then deleted it - it seems not.
The worst part about it was I sized all the photographs to 640 pixels wide like I usually do for this forum but they have come out all over the place, it's particularly spoiled a group photo by making it very small. I haven't found any obvious help or tutorials so in a week or two I'll have another go at account deletion.
At least people seem to have appreciated what I posted. He was a grand lad, I would have been proud to call him a friend even without the genes. There should have been so many more memories and photographs but he was taken away from us too soon.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Geoff, sorry to read about your Nephew, and also hope that you get the facebook tribute page sorted out, to how you want to see, and read it. I'm sure you both deserve that as much as each other.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Send a personal message to your nephew's friends & colleagues & they could send you the instructions or could send you their e-mail address & you could forward the photos you have as an attachment for them to load on the memorial site. They would probably get great pleasure from this as a way of remembering him.

Westi

PS I find it much easier to post pics on FB than on here but only one at a time - but you can do about 5 or so in same post. Rarely have to try to make them smaller which is where I come undone on forum.
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic