Plastic greenhouse (2)

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

And right now I can confirm that sewing a skirt all around and weighting it down with sandbags or stone bags is the answer.

I woke up in the early hours with the roof slates rattling which means 30 knots, I got up at eight to find dustbins, wheelbarrows and plant-pots strewn over 250 square metres but the plastic greenhouse stayed put and even the trays on the shelves haven't moved.

Result. :D
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Lol, that's what I call a result :D

VPM
x
Gwen
KG Regular

The shelves from the plastic mini greenhouses are excellent for laying loosely over newly sown seeds to keep cats from using the area as a toilet. So when the rest of the set-up dies, keep the shelves!

I bought a plastic grenhouse with a cover which had green plastic mesh reinforcing lines, and the wind shook it so much that the clear plastic was shaken in little squares out of the mesh and there is now just a green mesh cover. Hence the alternative use for the shelves. Not a good buy.
robo
KG Regular

whats the polly tunnels like I mean the small ones we are thinking of buying a 3 meter x 2 meter one but have heard they make good kites
Gwen
KG Regular

Apart from the mini plastic things, I bought a Solar Tunnel, which if you can afford it is a very good buy. More complicated to put up, but more stable when it is done. Big curly anchoring whatsits in the corners, and the top cover has its ends threaded on metal rods so there is no digging into soil.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic