Large grobags

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

I can only find 30 litre grobags but am sure that a few years ago they were larger - has anyone come across a garden centre etc that stocks larger ones, I have tried searching on the internet but there are also grobags for babies which makes it difficult! :?:
Tigger
KG Regular

TFM have them in Shropshire, but I don't know whereabouts you are.
Beryl
KG Regular

I was in Focus today, they had large double size growbags by Levingtons I think the price was £4.49.
I bit pricey but I was impressed. Not sure of the capacity but they looked very large compared with another one for £1.20.

Beryl.
Jude
KG Regular

Glad it's not just me, I thought they used to be much bigger too, like Mars bars or packets of crisps, I never could quite believe that it was just me who had got bigger - bit like going back to see a house you lived in as a child!
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
Beryl
KG Regular

Jude, the ones I saw at Focus were more than twice the regular size. A new thing they have brought out. Much deeper to allow the roots to spread.
If you use grobags worth considering.

Beryl.

I get mine form a local chap who makes them with a blend of worm casts. There is at least 30 litres in each bag and they are around 6 inches thick when layed out. I grow lots of salad crops in them and i have never had such a good crop of tomatoes and cucumbers since using them - i won't use anyhting else. He also supplies bags of multi-purpose compost which contain the worm casts - i grow all my veg plants and bedding plants in it. He is based in Suffolk - i don't know where you are?
loznkate
KG Regular

Hi All, :idea:

Just a thought. Get the cheapo ones from somewhere like Aldi/Wilko etc (89p when I last went). Put one on top of the other having cut corresponding holes in the top of the bottom one and the bottom of the top one.

I think my dad used to shove an old knife through the hole for the plant in the top one, through the middle layers of plastic, at an angle, cut as big a circle as possible, lift up the top bag slightly and pull the two discs out 'fancy waiter' style. Its gotta be cheaper than £4.50 for a big un.

Loz
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic