Recycled beard

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

We had a pleasant surprise today: when cleaning out the three bird boxes in our garden today, we found that every one (used by blue and great tits last year) contained my OH's beard and hair cuttings which I stuff into shrubs and dry stone wall cavities every time I trim it! Isn't that lovely? So it is really used!
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I used to put the hair combed from my dog in the bush near the back door and our blue tits' nest was mainly the lovely soft ginger undercoat. It looked very cosy.
retropants
KG Regular

my mum used to do the same with our shaggy jack russel combings when I was younger, the blue tits loved it for their nests.
glallotments
KG Regular

When our dog is clipped we put her wool outside during the nesting season and as we have a web cam in our bird box we noticed the blue tits taking her wool in to line the nest
WestHamRon
KG Regular

glallotments wrote:When our dog is clipped we put her wool outside during the nesting season and as we have a web cam in our bird box we noticed the blue tits taking her wool in to line the nest

Sheepdog? :lol:
glallotments
KG Regular

WestHamRon wrote:
glallotments wrote:When our dog is clipped we put her wool outside during the nesting season and as we have a web cam in our bird box we noticed the blue tits taking her wool in to line the nest

Sheepdog? :lol:

Funny you should say that we always wonder how poodles ended up woolly is there sheep DNA in there somewhere and if so how did it get there?
:?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic