GEE-UP on the menu

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

broad ing man
KG Regular

Two more T****o funnies, please excuse if already shared.

To buy bergers at tesco or not to buy bergers at tesco, that is, l, Equestrian.

Today's specials at tesco, dicounts on petrol if you buy with burgers, an Only Fuel and Horses, this week only while stocks last.

Eat too many and you will get the trotts.
Arnie
KG Regular

Hi Everyone

Have a look at this :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InbJs4n1Z0U

Regards

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Catherine
KG Regular

Alan I agree with you. I cant believe that anyone can purchase cheap burgers and expect them to contain anything like beef. Like has been said before you get what you pay for and if you pay cheap prices you get cheap meat. If you go to a proper butchers you pay for good meat.

I buy a 1 lb of mince fro my butcher and dont have to dry fry it before I make spag bol. I buy 1 lb of skirt which looks like best steak. Good meat makes more meals.
broad ing man
KG Regular

The Uk export around ten thousand horses a year many to France, who are partial to the meat. If the products were labelled as such there would'nt be a problem, but the way the said product was hidden is the real issue, greed basically, mutton dressed as lamb sort of thing.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/ ... 7833_n.jpg

http://fantasy-faction.com/wp-content/u ... urgers.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1024_n.jpg
Johnboy
KG Regular

According to the farming programme, this morning, the horse meat came from Poland and imported into Ireland as 'meat scraps.'
The Irish beef producers are particularly miffed with the makers of the said 'burgers.'
The producers have had a E30,000,000. contract cancelled by Burger King. Remember this when Burger King tell you how wonderful their expensive 100% beef burgers are in fact the absolute crap at the bottom of the production line!
Really the only sin that has been committed is to label them as Beef Burgers and had they just said Burgers then they would have been perfectly legal. To me this is a worry.
Morrissons produce some Beef and Pork mince occasionally and I found that this 'mince' makes the most wonderful Bolognese sauce.
I have since been told by an Italian chef that Bolognese sauce should be made with the two meats combined.
I never buy burgers but prefer to mince my own meat and produce my own burgers. The thing is that I have all in the time in the world at my disposal but for mum's bringing up a flock of hungry mouths simply hasn't the time. It is those who I feel sorry for.
They say if you pay peanuts you get monkeys which is too much to even contemplate!
JB.
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Johnboy, I've also tried beef and pork mince together in a Spag' Bol' - lovely flavour.

VPM
x
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Shallotman, yes they do screw their suppliers as low as they like, and will do so all the time we shop there instead of from local suppliers, they rake profits off into offshore accounts and don't reinvest in the local economy, so we get poorer and poorer and they turn the screw some more !
Think before you shop, I rarely shop in any of the big supermarkets, it costs a fiver in petrol to get there ! At local suppliers at least I can see animal welfare standards and know its pucka stuff.
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
alan refail
KG Regular

lasagne.jpg
lasagne.jpg (11.46 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Westi
KG Regular

Findus also do an interesting range of Spaghetti Bolognieghs! :D

Westi
Westi
Arnie
KG Regular

My Doctor advised me to watch what I eat :shock: I have just bought 2 tickets for this years grand national :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
alan refail
KG Regular

A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a Findus lasagne!
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
glallotments
KG Regular

Just a diversion back to the serious side. Butchers seem to be suffering a knock on - I passed a butcher's shop on Friday where the butcher was trying to explain why their beef was OK and it was meat products that were suspect. Also the two farm shops near us have sent out email, tweets, comments on Facebook to say all their meat is locally sourced from their own farms.

A woman in Morrisons was asking their butcher why they hadn't removed their own burgers from the shelf and said she would buy their mince and make her own probably using the same mince that they had used.
Geoff
KG Regular

The News Quiz had it that he was buried near a Tesco so he got his horse after all.
Diane
KG Regular

And how do we know it's just horse...the suspect mince could also contain euthanised pets.. :shock: The criminals involved in this scandal wouldn't care..as long as they get their money. If the meat isn't being DNA tested..who knows what's in it?
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

thankfully no meat in my diet, but my partner complains that even the most expensive sausages seem to contain mostly bready cereal. I wonder what analysis of sausages might turn up !
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic