Benefits of this sunny weather

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Nature's Babe
KG Regular

My outdoor strawberries are starting to ripen already, I noticed the first one turning red yesterday ! Also the first cherry tomato is turning red in the greenhouse, though the rest are still at the flowering stage and about three trusses. On the down side less apples and pears this year due to early frosts, but the jenny kiwi which flowered too early last year and got frosted, is later this year the flower buds about to open shortly. The jostaberry fruit is beginning to colour up too. black and red currents are still green, though a good size. The outdoor grape has tight fruit buds and in the greenhouse the vine fruit buds are spreading out ready to fill out.
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Well the sun has certainly perked all my plants up and they're putting on oodles of growth. The runner beans at school are just beginning to flower mine are just starting to develope flower heads, although my Amethyst Dwarf Beans are flowering now.

Makes me smile that you have Cherry toms already and that your strawberries are starting to ripen because I got all excited this morning when I spotted the very first of my cherry tomato trusses starting to form never mind flower and swell :D and my strawberries are small green triangles skirted with white or pink petals, no where close to ripening.

Must be that North/South divide thing again :)

VPM
x
alan refail
KG Regular

I've lost almost half a stone in weight since last week :) :)
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic