Anybody spraying against tomato blight?

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Chantal
KG Regular

Sprayed again today after two days of very warm rain. Apart from the odd leaf which I've removed, everything seems fine but we've a long way to go. :?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Victoria
KG Regular

Gloom, all tomato plants 'blighted' so have reluctantly removed all fruits and started looking up green tomato chutney recipes.

Whilst I'm having a moan - allotment out of control - happens every year - get a couple of weeks of rain (rains on my days off sunny on work days) now housing the National Collection of Fat Hen - haha! everything has been attacked by Cabbage White or pigeons or muntjac or rabbits or all of the above - it gets to the point where I don't even want to go over there because its overwhelming. Ok moan over.

PS Am IP14 if anyone else in the area for alert re blight.
Chantal
KG Regular

Don't wait too long before making that chutney Victoria.

A few years back (before I sprayed) my crop was wiped out and I picked masses of green tomatoes which looked fine but within a week had all gone brown and nasty. The following year I picked again the green ones and washed them with Milton but they still turned brown. Blight is relentless.
Chantal

Victoria
KG Regular

Done the next day, Hugh Fearnely-Whittingstall's 'glutney' which uses up excess courgettes as well!
Tony Prior
KG Regular

Yes, I found some teltale leaves this weekend and sprayed immediatly, location Brighton BN3
David
KG Regular

Hi all

returned from a 4 day trip to France to find one tomato has poked out through the open door and the tips of those leaves are brown. Nothing anywhere else so far.

I'm going to cut that one down but what should I spray with?

I'm in Salisbury by the way.

Thanks
Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids.
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi David

I use Bordeaux Mixture to good effect.
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic