Cats

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Brooklynodog
KG Regular

Planting some blueberries I came across a hard lump of soil, so I gave it a good squeeze to break it up. At first I thought it was a lump of clay, then the truth dawned on me!!!!!!!
CAT POO! The little b****r :shock:
Di
KG Regular

think yourself lucky, I'm being held hostage by a psychopathic ginger siamese who will kill me if I don't keep feeding him. (SEND HELP!) :shock:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Di, i don't think we are allowed to send firearms through the post. :lol:

But a hosepipe or water pistol will sort the toughest of cats out, whilst not hurting them. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

Many a long year ago I was informed by my then husband (long divorced ) that there were some amazing large grey caterpillars in the border near the house.

Close inspection on my part revealed mouldy cat poo with beautiful grey "fur" bristling all over them. He flat out refused to believe me until I cut one in half. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to admit they did look realistic :roll:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

That has to be the worse thing i have heard for a long while. :twisted:

When i was in the building trade we used to get this problem in the heaps of sand. One bricklayer i used to work with now and again, just used to pick it out with his fingers, then 5 minutes later woud be eating his sandwiches, and no he hadn't washed his hands. :shock: The poor labourer used to go green. :lol:

Di
KG Regular

Dear OH,

thanks for the tip, but I can't really use a waterpistol on the beasty when he's indoors, and as he likes to sit in the sink under a dripping tap it wouldn't be that much of a deterent anyway..

possibly i was just very bad in a previous life...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Di, do you mean it's your cat. :shock:

Di
KG Regular

Yup, fraid so.

he sneaked into my life disguised as a very cute kitten, 8 months on the scars are getting fewer, but he can go from purring to savage in a split second. My reactions are also getting faster tho

at the mo he's out bullying the big black mogy who used to be boss of the block...

i guess the upside is no other cat will be using my garden as a loo! :shock:
richard p
KG Regular

must be something in the breeding, weve got a year old cat that is part something valuable, howls like a banshi and takes no nonsense from our older cat who now hisses on sight. likes to attack feet, but hes the only cat ive ever seen eating wood pigeon, he had a couple last year when he was only about 6 months old. oh and i found a headless rat on the lawn yesterday.
Deb P
KG Regular

OH has just told me he heard a noise form behind our living room radiator late last night, on investigation found a large frog one of our ginger toms had bought in!

One of my cats once tried to get in through the catflap with a very large and still flapping magpie, he let it go when it wouldn't fit in and it flew off... :shock:
KMARKSnr
KG Regular

Be a little cute with a cat,- put one of those little collar/bell collars on it.
They kill a lot less of our innocent wildlife.

Regards
I`m not "young enough"to know everything!
goldilox
KG Regular

My cat's started to paddle around in the bottom of our (derelict) swimming pool, pull out the frogs and eat them.
Likes snakes too, but can't get through the skin!
Chantal
KG Regular

That is gross :shock: :shock:

Mercifully Rosie retired when she was 14 so I've had no wildlife brought in for some years now. :wink:
Chantal

Marge
KG Regular

Hmmm... next door's cat does like to 'pop into' the garden especially during the summer. I have tried everything from orange peel, to smelly gel, to sonic alarm things ... but the best thing by far has been putting down a mixture of prickly shrub cuttings and weed repellent membrane! :roll:
Reine de la cocina
Chantal
KG Regular

A big water pistol on standby can be useful. A blast of water up the chuff a few times does tend the put them off :lol:
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic