whitefly on kale

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

mandylew
KG Regular

my kale are absolutely infested with whitefly since i planted them out, its come from nowhere, never had any before, now whenever i walk by its like a cloud. My question is, if i rinse them all off, can i still eat the kale, will the winter frosts kill them off in the end anyway, and one more question about kale, not the whitefly, do i pinch the tops out to make them grow bushy?, they are getting taller and the stems longer as I keep taking leaves from the bottom (for the rabbits at the moment, i havent the stomach to eat it myself because of the whitefly).

mandy
Tigger
KG Regular

Just wait a few weeks and they'll die off in the cold of autumn. That's what I do every year with cabbages, sprouts, kale, whatever.
sandersj89
KG Moderator

With our mild winter last year here in the south east the damned things were still active into December!

Jerry
Farmers son looking to get back to the land full time one day.....

Holiday in Devon? Come stay with us: http://www.crablakefarm.co.uk/
Compo
KG Regular

As far as I can seet they do not do any specific harm to the procduce to they, or do others have different views?
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic