Frogs in my green houses

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

loznkate
KG Regular

Hi All,

I have at least 4 frogs in one greenhouse and one in the other. Is this good (slug/snail removal), bad (they eat veg as well) or neither?

There's only a very small amount of slug damage and only on some fancy radishes I've got going in an old mushroom tub.

It was quite worrying at first when all I could see was the carrot foliage moving in a jerky fashion.

Thoughts welcome!

Loz
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Loz,
Leave then there they will only help you. I have Toads that inhabit my tunnels and they do a stirling job.
JB.
Rubberman
KG Regular

When I saw the title of this one I was expecting something along the lines of the recent news items regarding the influx of foreign fruit pickers to the country!

(Apologies to any members of French origin, just couldn't resist it!)

Regards,

Rubbery
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Jude
KG Regular

We've got loads and loads of frogs in our garden. Also loads and loads and loads of snails....picked 72 off my humungous hostas the other night....so which came first - the hosta, the snail or the frog?
Answer, I suspect, is that frogs don't really eat snails, maybe the odd slug, but mostly insects I think. I believe you need toads for snails.
Pretty sure that neither eat veg!
I'm thinking of tethering a few froggies next to my flea-beetled rocket as the fleece doesn't seem to be working :!: :lol:
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic