Hollow cabbages

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Janet K. Sullivan
KG Regular

I think you can eat them. It is really testy. Because I have grow this before in my yard.
Deopolis
KG Regular

Hello guys! I am from https://worldpostalcode.com/canada/ontario/ and the problem here is snails. And what is interesting, a few years ago, I did not see them in such quantities. They were always bringing some harm to my plants, but not to this degree. They seem to eat and destroy everything on their way. And I have no idea how to stop them. Have you ever had such an issue?
Last edited by Deopolis on Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chantal
KG Regular

If there were mice, how did they get out without damaging the outside of the cabbage? No mouse bodies in there...
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
larson12
KG Regular

Before reading this discussion , i didn't knew about hollow cabbage:/
Jocrowther
KG Regular

Hi - I had three growing sacks with carrots in last year and sadly they all succumbed to carrot fly. The carrots were obviously disposed of last year but I still have the compost. I wonder if I could add it to my raised beds as they could do with topping up a bit. I’m also going to add some decent compost to. Is it a risk
in case the larvae are there? I’m not growing the plants that are susceptible such as parsnips etc.
Cassy0110
KG Regular

Do you have photos? and what is the reason of it, did you find out?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic