slugs

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

arthur e
KG Regular

I've just received a Nectarine and Apricot from Victoriana nursery gardens in Kent and with the order came a flier for some of their own "safe to the ecology" slug eliminator,Instant death to slugs and their eggs.Has anyone had experience of this product. Reading all the blurb it seems like the answer to the greatest question a gardener can ask.
Merry Christmas
Arthur
Allan
KG Regular

Treat anything from Victoriana with a great deal of scepticism. They traded as Kent County Nurseries for a number of years, promising miracles such as 'Emerald Velvet' lawns, flowering hedge etc.
I don't suppose they give the formula, there aren't many compounds that you can sell as slug killer these days.From what you say it could be anything, perhaps it's just salt!
arthur e
KG Regular

Thanks for that Allan, I'm not too bothered with slugs myself as I let my 5 hens free range during the winter. Must say I'm very impressed with the plants I received, good condition, well packed and quick delivery to here in Scotland. They were a birthday present and an experiment for the pollytunnel.
Merry Christmas
Arthur

There is a new slug pellet out that sounds like this; safe for wild life. I cannot remember where I read of this offhand.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic