Mouse problem

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

sally wright
KG Regular

Dear Monika,
try some fresh cayenne or chilli powder. Just remember to wear gloves when applying it and when moving the pots later (it can be persistent....).
Regards Sally Wright.
Geoff
KG Regular

How will that work? One year we lost a load of chillis; they were nipping them off, splitting them open and eating the seeds.
Colin2016
KG Regular

I'm the softy that drive 5 miles and releases them in the wild.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I suppose if everyone is doing that Colin, within a few weeks, they are probably dropprd back off exactly where they started... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Don't deceive yourself Monika. I,ll bet they're back in situ within half an hour!
Monika
KG Regular

I do hope not, Primrose! I have just put out two traps in the greenhouse for the night. Luckily, no neighbours overlook the front of our house, otherwise they would see me every morning at first light carrying a trap or two into the nature reserve .....
I am certainly going to try the cayenne/chilli pepper treatment on the pots, Sally. Might also sprinkle some around the door and bottom openers where they seem to get in. Perhaps your chillies weren't hot enough, Geoff?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic