Found a mushroom. Should I be worried?

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Elmigo
KG Regular

Earlier this morning I found a mushroom in my sweet red pepper pot. Is this little thing harmless? Because it concerns me. I don't want any diseases and molds to spread through my entire veggie garden. Is this mushroom part of the healthy bottom life?

Screenshot_20190410-113832_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190410-113832_Gallery.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 2821 times

The above mushroom is about 1 inch tall. Not that it matters, I just think it's cute.
Last edited by Elmigo on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primrose
KG Regular

I wouldn't worry. You occasionally get these sprouting up from bought in compost and they're pretty harmless. Just snip off or pull it out and dispose of it. I can assure you ther are worse dangers to be found on my kitchen floor with all the comings and going from the garden and I've a few decades under my belt to prove it !
Elmigo
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:I wouldn't worry. You occasionally get these sprouting up from bought in compost and they're pretty harmless. Just snip off or pull it out and dispose of it. I can assure you ther are worse dangers to be found on my kitchen floor with all the comings and going from the garden and I've a few decades under my belt to prove it !

Thanks a lot! Just wanted to make sure. Seemed a little odd to me because it was store bought soil.
Primrose
KG Regular

Frankly I'd be a bit more worried if i found one of these sprouting in a very out of date pot of yoghurt or something lurking in my fridge, where it really shouldn't be whereas a soil type base of some kind is really a natural habitat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic