Pea moth

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I shelled 1 KG peas last night and there was no sign of pea moth damage on or in any of them. There was a lot last year so it's either just coincidence or the hot weather that has disrupted them this year. Has anyone else noticed this?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Plumpudding, apart from the very early peas last year, mine were full of pea maggots last year so, I didn't bother growing any this year.....seems I made the wrong decision....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote: seems I made the wrong decision....

You might not have OH, it has been the devils own job preventing the pea beds drying up and subsequently the plants from getting burnt up

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words Pa Snip....and of course you are right....I knew there was another reason too... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

You are sadly right, Pa Snip. Our two long rows of peas on the allotment have come to nothing after a good start - all dried up, affected by thrips and eaten and pulled about by pheasants. You can't really blame the birds, they must be desperate for something green to nibble .....
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Mine are still growing ok but they are going over very quickly. I'm thinking of saving my own seeds from the Hirst Greenshaft from the ones that are over ripe. Ive saved other varieties for years as some of them aren't on sale in the shops but usually buy the Greenshaft. Not seen it called an f1 so they should come true. Has anyone else saved their own seed fro these?
Westi
KG Regular

My very first ones were OK but not as huge a harvest as normal but no pea moth damage. Every subsequent harvest (3 to date) have failed. I've sowed 2 more rows this week & maybe, just maybe with the lower temp & rain coming I may have more luck, although I did note they are saying high temps & dry days are back at the end of next week! :(
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic