How's your slug tolerance coming along?

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Geoff
KG Regular

robo
KG Regular

I've never liked Packham I think he leaves a lot to be desired as a presenter his attitude to people working with him annoys me if he likes slugs let him live with them I will still squash them on sight
Colin2016
KG Regular

Not a major problem for me that I am aware of, although did find a small one under a pot in the cold frame yesterday. Any I find go into a sealed container of washing up water so you could say they are being looked after.

Is a slug a homeless snail?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

So far this year slugs have not been a problem, I guess it has been too dry.

Woodlouse seem to be more problematic.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Agree Pa!

Everything I turn over on the plot has woodlice under it. The wood part of their name is a lie though, they are in the compost, under stones & bricks and the membrane paths.
Westi
Johnboy
KG Regular

To me both of the Guardian articles are totally illogical. Slugs to a gardener are a total menace. To say that they eat decaying matter and when they damage something green because it is probably decaying. Well my hedgerow is full of decaying material so why do they move out of the hedge in search of my lettuce and cabbages which are certainly not in any shape or form in a state of decay.
To suggest that we are destroying the food for wildlife is absolute nonsense. Anybody having a wildlife garden or area is very unlikely to even consider using any form of molluscs control.
Both articles are written to please the originator and see what a thoughtful person he is. A personal ego trip would be my way of summary.
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic