vinegar

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

ltweddle
KG Regular

Can vinegar be used as a week Killer? do you need to use 20%? if so, can it be purchased in the uk? Cheers, Lynda
alan refail
KG Regular

Vinegar, if strong enough, will kill all plants!

20% acetic acid can be obtained in the UK. It is not cheap.

http://mistralni.co.uk/products/acetic-acid-40pct
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

It was on the news a couple of weeks ago that people had been complaining about their town smelling like a chip shop because the council were using vinegar as a weed killer as an alternative to expensive herbicides. I wonder what strength they used? I think it is about 5% or less for culinary use.
alan refail
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:It was on the news a couple of weeks ago that people had been complaining about their town smelling like a chip shop because the council were using vinegar as a weed killer as an alternative to expensive herbicides. I wonder what strength they used? I think it is about 5% or less for culinary use.

It was Bristol.

http://www.theecologist.org/blogs_and_c ... negar.html
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Geoff
KG Regular

It will be interesting to see if there is less Algae growth as well - Algon smells distinctly acetic.
robo
KG Regular

I use a weed killer from agrigem called pearl it works well on them. Sorry I've posted twice could a mod remove this one please
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic