white powder on courgettes/apples leaves

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

fab02
KG Regular

I've been growing apples and courgettes this year but few weeks ago, their leaves are affected by strange white powder, I don't know how do we call them. I would appreciate if someone can give tips to get rid of them. Thanks.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Hello Welcome to the forum.

Your courgettes sound as if they have mildew. Remove affected leaves and stems and destroy.
I assume you are not in the UK if still growing courgettes now. Depends on where you are as to why you may have developed mildew, but it isn't unusual as we get later in the season.

Not sure about your apples, again much might depend on whereabouts you are. Is this the first year you have grown apples ? If so when did you plant them

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
fab02
KG Regular

Thanks,I started planting them at the end of November. I lived in Australia and just moved to the UK for employment. As far as the apples are concerned, they were planted 5 or 6 months ago.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic