I have kept the Rabbits out but

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Cider Boys
KG Regular

I've been having trouble with rabbits getting to my plants from a surrounding field where my son keeps his sheep. The pasture has no hedge between my garden and the field and just relies on an electric fence and I had this wonderful idea that if I mowed the grass short under the fence then I could drop the bottom strand to about 4-6" from the ground and give the bunnies a jolt. This has worked very well and I have not seen any rabbit droppings on my lawn or further damage to my plants and vegetables for several days. Unfortunately this afternoon I noticed that one damn sheep had got in leaving its droppings over the lawn and has wrecked havoc with my vegetables I can only assume it had got under the higher strand so I suppose I shall have to run another strand to stop it happening again. Shame really it has eaten my lettuce and nibbled at all my second sowing of runner beans in fact it has probably done more damage in a couple of hours than the rabbits had done all summer.

Barney
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Barney, sometimes it just seems that we can never win.....
I have just lost some of the tops out of my late sown runner beans too, but i think this must be the deer. The deer hasn't been about for a while so i thought they would be safe.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic