Mildew on courgettes

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

ken
KG Regular

Apologies for this one - I raised the problem of mildew on courgette plants some time ago, and here I go again. Someone kindly said that they found spraying the plants with diluted milk helped, but I can't remember the details. I've searched the archive without success. If someone could give me that information again, I promise to keep a note this time!
Monika
KG Regular

Ken, if you put 'powdery mildew' and 'diluted milk' into Google, you will find lots of references, albeit not to this forum.
ken
KG Regular

Many thanks, Monika - I'll do that. I'd swear it was the KG site, though,as I'm not a member of any other gardening forums...
Westi
KG Regular

Ken I found it on here! Posted July 17th 2009 by donedigging under powdery mildew.

1 part milk to 9 parts water, repeat every few days until clear.

I made a note to spray in my diary about it but didn't write down the dilution. I was hoping someone would just reply to your post so didn't bother searching - just being a lazy bones! :wink:

Westi
Westi
ken
KG Regular

Well done, Westi - thank you for this! Good timing, too. I couldn't have sprayed yesterday as it rained all day. We got 18mm, virtually the same as we got for the whole of June, so it was very welcome, even though the forecast was saying we could get over 50mm.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic