wasps

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Bren
KG Regular

Help how do you get rid of wasps , they seem to be making a nest in the bird box ?.
Bren
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Bren, i know you are going to think me rather strange but, unless a wasp nest is in a place where it will get disturbed, so causing them to get aggresive, i leave them be. If i do have to destroy a nest i normally use wasp powder or, they do a spray can and this comes out as a foam. This can be spayed from a good distance away, making it a lot safer to use.

Hope this helps a little.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

I've used ordinary fly spray and sticky tape over the hole to get rid of them out of nest boxes. You have to be pretty quick and it has to be a good box or they enlarge the joints and move back in.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I use the foam spray on wasp nests that are in a dangerous place - like the one in my hen food hut, but leave them to their own devices if they are out of the way. They do pick caterpillars off the brassicas. As OH says you can spray it from a safe distance and it coats the nest and smothers them.
Bren
KG Regular

OH and Plumpudding I have taken your advice to leave them, the nest is high on an arch so out of my reach.

Thanks for your help.
Bren
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic