Sunggold tomato seedlings problem

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

I have several sown in individual pots from the same new bag of compost. Three are fine, have nice green leaves and are growing sturdily. Four are only half their height and the underside of their leaves, unlike the others , are a reddish purple shade and are clearly struggling in some way.
Can anybody suggest what the problem is. They've all been treated in exactly the same way.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Hi Primrose
Sun Gold is a favourite of Mrs Snips'

Only suggestions I can make are either that the seeds of those ones were weaker from the outset, or is it possible that the ones that are struggling have at some point received too much water compared to the others.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
WestHamRon
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:I have several sown in individual pots from the same new bag of compost. Three are fine, have nice green leaves and are growing sturdily. Four are only half their height and the underside of their leaves, unlike the others , are a reddish purple shade and are clearly struggling in some way.
Can anybody suggest what the problem is. They've all been treated in exactly the same way.

I'm no expert but that suggest they have been cold at some stage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic