Reminder

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Geoff
KG Regular

I hope you all remembered to remove all your mole traps yesterday. Today the legislation passed in Brussels last year to protect moles from all forms of persecution comes fully into force. Under the European Mole Preservation Enforcement Rules Of Regulation (EMPEROR) it is now illegal to trap or poison moles.
This change in the law has been welcomed by many environmental campaigners. The well known TV presenter Crisp Packet for example said:
“This legislation is long overdue. Hopefully eventually EMPEROR will be given more powers to protect all creatures that have been cruelly trapped such as rats and mice or poisoned like slugs and snails. Just because man thinks he is at the top of the evolutionary tree to be able to brand other life forms as vermin is just not on in this day and age. This directive should be incorporated into a National Act Protecting Other Life Entities of Nature (NAPOLEON) - EMPEROR and NAPOLEON will change the natural world for ever.”
A happy member of the mole community was quoted as saying:
“I hope people comply with this law as we don’t really want to hang the shrivelled remains of gamekeepers from fences but we will if it is needed to get the message home”.

mole.jpg
mole.jpg (10.88 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Before you go to expensive measures to comply, our underground source (code named Adrian) in the Brussels parliament reminds us that some moles can still be removed on the NHS.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
John
KG Regular

Ha Ha - just checked today's date
Nice one Geoff
John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I went out and set extra traps, just incase it was true.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Elaine
KG Regular

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice one Geoff!

I did remember the date today....
....only because it's my husband's birthday :)

Explains a lot, him being born on All fools day.. :wink:
Happy with my lot
Primrose
KG Regular

Well done,, My brain was obviously not in gear regarding the date when I read it. Afraid we get such ridiculous legislation from EU all the time that I found this quite believable. :lol: I must now peruse my national newspaper more carefully . There is usually one spoof article and if itnwas there this mening it went completely over my head!
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Oh dear, I wonder if my Dad's method of mole control is included in the ban? He waited for them to come up and bashed them on the head with a spade. I still feel upset when I think about it.

Not Groundhog day is it? I thought it was February not April.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

PP

I think what has happened is that you have clicked on the link for this thread that Geoff has posted in the Bits & Bobs thread where he also posted an update of fiction possibly becoming fact

I reckon you then inadvertently posted your reply on this thread instead of the 'Bits & Bobs' one, hence it seeming as if we are back in April

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic