2014 Slug Invasion

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

My post about the hedgehogs returning to my garden this week fits nicely with this. There are hundreds of slugs every night and the hedgehogs are having a field day. It is just a shame they can't climb up the trees and plants to catch them. Slugs have totally ruined a large globe artichoke this week.

The hedgehog I found in the hen's nest box this morning is still fast asleep and doesn't seem to have been bothered by the hens. I hope it's hungry when it wakes up.
mr-cecil
KG Regular

Yes, I get the impression that having a hedgehog might be one of those few win-win situations.
sonnee
KG Regular

mr-cecil wrote:Yes, I get the impression that having a hedgehog might be one of those few win-win situations.

Yes, just a few win-win situation.
เล่นคาสิโนออนไลน์ ปลอดภัยที่สุด ลุ้นรับรางวัลแจ๊กพอต แถมฟรีเงินโบนัส
bet365
mr-cecil
KG Regular

Hows the hedgehog, Plumpudding?
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

The hedgehog is still around but not using the nest box now it is probably too warm for it. I see it in the garden most nights and it now has two friends. I've not noticed much reduction in the slug population though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic