Grapes

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

For several years our Reisling grape vine leaves have been scarred by blotches which I believe are caused by some kind of vine weevil . The grapes however have always been fine but this year the grapes skins are covered in blotches too and look only fit for the birds.

Could this have been caused by weather conditions or does it represent a spread of the weevil infection and mean that the vine has probably now had its day and should probably be pulled up?
robo
KG Regular

Primrose, when I was over in spain 5 weeks ago I went down to the local syndicate to get some weedkiller while I was there one of the local farmers was tipping a trailer full of grapes into the hopper that feeds the press I was amazed ive never seen such a pile of bruised and battered grapes like it before the least problem was black marks on them all nobody was bothered seems they make acceptable wine, in my days of home brewing I would never have used them but who am I
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic