Squash & Pests! (& maybe lucky)

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Little mice ate the leaves off all my squash & pumpkins in the greenhouse, right at the growing tip - BUT - stem stayed green so kept watering & lo & behold little leaves are growing again! Will these fruit or am I kidding myself? Have just put seed in at lottie, which I thought were slow coming up but when I dug around they have got a strong root so hopeful all is not lost but would be interested to know if anyone else has had success in these circumstances? (Garden Centre has none left either if both fail though!)

Westi
Westi
Colin Miles
KG Regular

The only comparison I can make is when I went away on holiday leaving my Brussels Sprouts 'protected' by dangling CD's. Came back to find just stalks. Left them and got one of the best crops ever. So who knows - with strong roots they might yet make it.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Hi Westi

Having just replied to the 'pea' post it seems to me you need a cat! Or a series of mouse traps...

I had a spaniel who was ace at finding mouse nests and consumed the 'jelly babies'...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic