Bindweed

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Binky
KG Regular

Has anyone had any success controlling/killing bindweed with New Roundup Gel? After several years of unsuccessfully trying to dig it up, I thought I would try it and the label clearly says it will eradicate bindweed. I have been applying it for several weeks. I started when the new leaves first appeared, and have continued to smear it on at more or less weekly intervals. I only used it on dry days, so it had the recommended minimum time without rain. My bindweed is as rampant as ever and some is already starting to flower. None of it is looking the least bit sickly.
Tony Hague
KG Regular

Very strange. I have found bindweed quite suceptible to glyphosate just sprayed on conventionally.
Beryl
KG Regular

I agree with Tony, regowth may need doing again but it does clear it in the end. Unless you have new growth coming from a neighbour; then it can be on going.

Beryl.
peter
KG Regular

I find it's the two od three tendrils I miss in the raspberries that come back the following year, with friends. :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic