Osteospermum

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Beryl
KG Regular

Help wanted please.

I bought a collection of Osteospermum from T & M. They arrived recently as 'ready to plant' but as I am not quite ready just yet I potted them up and left them in the greenhouse. Almost over night they the tips of leaves started to turn papery and opaque which is now spreading and the plants are starting to droop. One has almost disappeared altogether. I've not grown them before. Am I doing something wrong or should I complain to T & M?

Beryl.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Hi Beryl,

I've seen this happen to plants when they've been in a dark box for a few days and then the shock of being back in the light burns the leaves. Try a single layer of newspaper over the plants for a couple of days, especially if it's sunny and find out when T&M shipped them. You should always let a firm know if there's a problem straight away in case they don't survive.

MW
Beryl
KG Regular

Thank you Motherwoman, I will do as you say. They were in their box for an extra day because postie was so quick he didn't wait for me to answer the door and I had to go and collect the next day. The box said 'live plants' so you would think he would have given me a few extra seconds to get to the door.
And as you say I will let T & M know.

Thanks again
Beryl.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Best of luck with them.

MW
glallotments
KG Regular

It's always a good idea to send a photo of the problem too. I've found T&M good at replacing things if there is a problem/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic