Rats - yet again !

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

Rats - yet again !

Postby Primrose » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Forgive me for raising this perennial problem again but they are always with us, aren't they?

How long does it take for rat bait to work? After an absence of several months, one or more rats is regularly visiting our garden again and I'm worrying about them urinating on my vegetable patch. My husband baited 3 boxes on Saturday. They were all empty this morning but Ratto still lively and chasing magpies round the lawn, showing no sign of poisoning whatsoever.

Does anybody know where you can buy commercial strength bait?. I'm beginning to think the stuff you can buy over the counter just doesn't work any more
0 x
robo
KG Regular

Re: Rats - yet again !

Postby robo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Primrose, I find you have to use a different poison each time I buy some I think the rats become immune to a particular poison if used over and over
0 x
Monika
KG Regular

Re: Rats - yet again !

Postby Monika » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Primrose, can you not call in a professional? We and our immediate neighbour saw a rat in the garden about two months ago, called a 'rat catcher' who came the same day, placed some bait boxes in the dry stone walls, then called twice more, a week apart each time, to check on the boxes and we have not seen a big furry friend again. My daughter, in another village and directly next to a farm, did the same and the beasties have gone, for the time being, anyway.
0 x

Return to “Weeds, Pests and Diseases”