Wasted day very very fed up.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Catherine
KG Regular

My OH bought me a very good Cusinart food processor (I do a lot of cooking) for my birthday. :D Recently (8 months from purchase) it broke down. I use it every day. We rang the company who said they would arrange to collect it as the machine itself weighs 10 kg. then there is the box with all the slicers and dicers. They arranged to collect it on Friday between 9am and 5pm. :shock: I arranged to stay at home all day although I had taken the week off work and thought that it would not be a problem waiting at home I would just do jobs around the house.

We checked twice that it would be collected. No problem. It was definately on the lorry. At 4.45pm I rang again to make sure it would be collected/delivered as the office would close at 5pm. Only to be told that they did not know why we had been told 9 - 5 they collect/deliver up to 8pm so we had to cancel our evening out and wait for the delivery.

Mmmmm well it did not happen. We had to wait till this morning 9am to ring. We told them that they had let us down and they said they would look into it. Eventually they rang to say that it would be delivered tomorrow between 1pm and 8pm. :!:

When I got home today they had tried to deliver my parcel. :evil:
So what part of I am working today dont deliver do you not understand. I will have to arrange for someone to be in tomorrow, and I cant have another day off on Wednesday. It is now in Preston waiting my collection. :twisted: We rang the company only to get a chap who did not understand our request for information he said that the parcel would be delivered between 7am and 8pm.We have to ring the company tommorw,

Well watch this space. Some one is not going to be happy tomorrow.
I feel sorry for the person I ring tomorrow when 9am arrives. :evil: :twisted: :twisted: I am not going to be a very nice person. And I have not calmed down this evening. I feel we were lied to about delivery on Friday in which case I could have been at the allotment all day instead of waiting for a delivery .

Sorry for my ramblings I just needed to get it off my chest. Thank you.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Catherine, this seems to be happening more and more just lately. we have had the same thing happen twice over the last two years, and it does make one extremly annoyed.
The driver blame the office, the office blame the driver.

Hope it arrives soon.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Very frustrating for you Catherine. :( The long term annoying bit is the built in obsolescence, nothing seems to last very long these days, seems like they are designed to break down just after the guarantee runs out, with many not even making it to the guarantee if they are well used like yours.
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I now read the the Royal Mail are considering leaving parcels with neighbour's, and will not be accepting responsibility for them not being passed on.
Catherine
KG Regular

Good morning Shallot Man. My OH gets deliveries several times a week where, if he is not in, they get left with our neighbours who are at home alot. They don't seem to mind and we give them food from the allotment, which they like. :D
Geoff
KG Regular

Our standard instruction is "leave it in the coal place if out". We were missing a delivery of bird food, usually reliably next day, so I contacted the suppliers - the driver had reported back "left in coal place". I had a search round and found it in a small building that houses the the treatment system for our borehole water, a load of tanks and pipes with very little spare space. So I sent them photos of this building, door open and closed, and the open fronted coal place with fuel visible but I didn't get a reply.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

How I sympathise Catherine. My last order for plants did not arrive on the day they said and I had waited in all day for them. I was told they were on the delivery van, then told that there was a problem with my address! I phoned again on the Saturday and was told the problem with my address had been solved and they would deliver them on Monday. I decided not to leave them in a delivery depot all weekend and so made the 36 mile round trip to pick them up. It turned out that the usual driver was on holiday and they could not find my house - what happened to Sat nav? Their "solving my address" problem was to stick a map of the town on the box with a big green circle round my house.
Geoff
KG Regular

That reminded me I needed bird food. They'll be using Securicor soon with peanuts up to £42.50 for 25KG!
Ian in Cumbria
KG Regular

Geoff

Where do you get your peanuts from?

Regards

Ian
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Peanuts from Harrod's !
Catherine
KG Regular

Update: - success the man managed to deliver at 2.35 this afternoon. When questioned :x he said that he was on holiday last week and someone else was doing his round. On the box it showed that it should have been delivered on Friday. He came yesterday and I asked about the delivery hours, bearing in mind that we spoke to a customer service chap from the delivery company, who said that the delivery hours were 7am - 8pm. My delivery chap said that he rarely got away from the depot before 10am :!: and was usually finished by about 4ish. Mmmm.

Never mind I have my new mixer and hopefully it will work and I wont have to go through this again. :D
Geoff
KG Regular

Ian

Always had good service http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com/
Ian in Cumbria
KG Regular

Geoff

Thanks

Ian
Mike Vogel
KG Regular

Go on, Catherine, sock it to them. Tell them how outrageously inconvenienced you were and invoice them for your time. You might get humble pie and a freebie.
Please support Wallace Cancer Care
http://www.wallacecancercare.org.uk
and see
http://www.justgiving.com/mikevogel

Never throw anything away.
Catherine
KG Regular

All is calm in this household now we have got our mixer. :wink: There is no point chasing this particular company their customer service does not seem to exist. :roll:

I am sure I am getting more grouchy as I get older. :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic