Summer bits and bobs

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

donedigging
KG Regular

Good evening Peter,

Hope you didn't wrinkle too much :wink:
donedigging
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning all, visited my dear friend in Willen Hospice yesterday afternoon, it always leaves me shaken and a little quiet.

A lot cooler and raining here this morning, it was a bit to hot working yesterday morning, kept trying to find shady jobs to do. :wink: :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

I hope they are keeping your friend as comfortable as is possible OH, no doubt you will have taken a little sunshine in there with you. :wink:
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Thank you Nature's Babe, i did manage make him chuckle a couple of times, what was very welcome to see indeed.
Especially when his wife was telling me about having tea at Buchingham Palace last year, and i added, "i suppose they must have been short of numbers". :)

All very sad though, it's just that feeling of not being able to really help, apart from being there for them.

Nice drop of rain now, returned home to do some potting up in the greenhouse. :)

Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Being there counts for a lot OH, it's as important through the difficult times as any other, in fact it's needed more then. Hard to sit through anothers
pain or problems but an important and generous gift of friendship. Hugs for you OH , it takes it out of you a bit I know,
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
donedigging
KG Regular

Dear OH,

I am sure your friend really appreciates your visits and looks forward to them.

Nice drop of rain here today as well..got soaked going to work, but it has brightened up now :)
donedigging
peter
KG Regular

Summer head cold.to accompany the summer rain

Went & watched the last Harry Potter film, quite good.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
donedigging
KG Regular

Peter perhaps..this didn't help :wink:

Peter wrote.. sat in a cold paddling pool for hours
donedigging
Geoff
KG Regular

Summer?

Runner Beans for dinner at last - seem to have been a long time coming.
Monika
KG Regular

Pouring here for the last 36 hours or so - at last! Digging some potatoes two days ago, the soil below was still really dry but this lot should have done the trick. I just hope it won't split the potatoes, carrots etc.

We have had the largest harvest of peas and broad beans this year, ever (and we have gardened the same plot for about 25 years!) and the French and runner seem to be going the same way. Calabrese is nearly finished but some of the purple sprouting broccoli - supposedly to be harvested next spring! - are now ready for eating.
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Glad you have had such a good harvest Monika. Seems like the weather is settling into a pattern here, early spring and hot dry summer with wet following just when the harvest should be ripening :( Next year i will try to plant earlier and hopefully harvest earlier. My runner beans and french beans are doing well, I had the first picking last week from the wisley magic and the moonlight went in late so are just in flower. Cucumbers, melons, courgettes and marrows are also doing very well, so many will have tomake some chutney and maybe some marrow and ginger jam.
By Thomas Huxley
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I have to say, i'm very impressed with my moonlight runner beans, they started cropping very early and are still cropping very heavily now.
There are double the amount of beans, compared to my other varieties.

Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Something to look forward to OH. :D
By Thomas Huxley
donedigging
KG Regular

Dear OH,

Haven't heard about OC lately hope all is well :)
donedigging
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Donedigging, all is well with Old Codger, and he is on full form.

But sadly, we have had a death in the village that we were not expecting, so things have been a little low here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic