R***l W*****G

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

I notice we are promised a warm sunny day on Friday. Now to start planning something to get me out of the house all day! I had been leaving a lot of grass cutting and bramble clearing longer than I should in the hopes that it could keep me occupied while Mrs refail is glued to the telly!

Now, don't get me wrong. They are a lovely couple; they live locally, he does a demanding and useful job, she shops at our new local Waitrose. But I just wish they had followed my advice and got married quietly at a local chapel and not let the occasion be hijacked by Grandmama to be made into an expensive national morale booster.

There has been so much build-up in the media, royal weddings from William the Bastard (later rebranded as the Conqueror) onwards, that I can't take any more on Friday.

Oh, I do wish them greater happiness and success than many of the previous royal matches.

What are your plans for Friday?
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Alan,
I am not quite sure where I will be on Friday but I can tell you one place I will not be and that is in front of the television.
Like you I wish the happy couple the very best in their marriage but my bum simply couldn't sit still that long.
JB.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And i'm working, so will be having a lot better time. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Catherine
KG Regular

I'm travelling to Wales. :D
alan refail
KG Regular

Catherine wrote:I'm travelling to Wales. :D

A dw i'n addo diwrnod braf!

And I promise a lovely day!
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you Alan but what about the rest of the week. We are staying near Builth Wells. Walking and mountain biking so don't need hot sunny weather please just dry and cool so we can see the views! And I can watch highlights of the R***l W*****G in the evening. :lol:
alan refail
KG Regular

Hi Catherine

I would hazard a guess that next week for Builth Wells will not be as good as this. Probably cooler and mostly dry with the odd shower. More showers to the south, less to the north.
Diane
KG Regular

I shall be mostly digging :D
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Would that be gold by any chance, Diane? :shock: :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Diane
KG Regular

One can only hope.

But I suspect it will be bindweed :shock:
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

It's my grandson's 1st birthday on Thursday, so my daughter decided that as Friday was a public holiday she would organise a family party.

So muggins 'ere has to go to London on Friday. I'm really, really looking forward to it :roll: :lol:

If anybody suggests watching the wedding on TV, I won't be responsible for my actions :lol:
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
Bren
KG Regular

On the allotment I hope if I'm feeling better, my daughter have the day off and promised to come and do some weeding for me.
Will see the highlights of the R .W. on the news at night.
Primrose
KG Regular

For those who won't be watching on Friday, here's a preview of the Rehearsal ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://youtu.be/Kav0FEhtLug
Monika
KG Regular

Not having a TV, it'll be business as usual in our household - walk into town early, have a coffee (and maybe a cheesecake) at a lovely quiet cafe and then, weather permitting, a spot of gardening, newspaper reading and a short kip in the chair!

I wish the couple well and yes, I agree, perhaps they could have done the whole thing on a smaller and more personal scale, but I suppose the establishment, media and millions of people would have been disappointed.
Catherine
KG Regular

Gosh PJ I can't believe that it is a year since he was born, where has it gone. :roll: :roll: I remember you posting about it.Have a lovely day. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic