Back home!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

Many thanks, everybody for all your good wishes before my hospital stay. All went well though I am still a bit wobbly on my pins and slightly delicate in other areas, but I already did some gardening today (planted some rootrainer-grown beetroot and sorted out some greenhouse plants).

Thanks also to the NHS who looked after me very well and particularly to the ever cheerful nurses!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Monika, i'm so pleased you are doing so well, very brave of you to be so positive but, i wouldn't expect anything else i suppose. :)

Please don't go over doing it though, that's my Mother Hen bit done, but do take care.

Bet your plants missed you. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Good to see you back Monika. Don't over do it :D
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
alan refail
KG Regular

Pleased to see you back Monika - glad all went well. As OH says, do take it easy for a while.
Primrose
KG Regular

Have missed out on your news because we've had major problems here with internet access for about 3 weeks and can still only access this site intermittently. However, do take care of yourself. It's so tempting to charge ahead when you're a gardener and there's so much to be done at this time of the year, but pacing yourself will pay dividends in the long run. Take care of yourself!
Monika
KG Regular

Thanks, all!

And now for something much more important: it rained this morning - 2mm!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Monika, just checking you are not over doing it.

Hope you are progressing nicely.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

Thank you OH, yes, I am recovering nicely. But, do you know, this week is the first time ever that I have felt my three score and ten and extra!

By careful planning, I prepared all the allotment and garden before I went away and, as the weather at the moment is rather dry and cool, there is no mad rush to plant and sow. Things will be quite happy in the unheated greenhouse or under cloches outside for a while to await planting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic