Long term weather forecasts

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

lizzie
KG Regular

Does anyone know of an accurate(ish) long term weather forecast please? I'm interested for the period 24-26 june 2011. Need to know if I have to pack my wellies and waterproofs or not.

Hope everyone is full of ooommmpphhh and vava voom.

Thanks in advance folks. ttfn

Lizzie
Lots of love

Lizzie
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Lizzie, you might as well toss a coin.

I hope you find that answer of some help. :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

crystal_ball.jpg
crystal_ball.jpg (31.8 KiB) Viewed 4445 times

Everything has gone very misty................
Geoff
KG Regular

It's going to rain or go dark before morning, possibly both.
DiG
KG Regular

If it is for Glastonbury, I would go for chest waders and a sun hat and start a trend 8)

Diane :)
Colin Miles
KG Regular

There is currently an exercise going on to determine the accuracy of weather forecasts from the Met Office and most of the other Forecasters, even including Piers Corbyn. Philip Eden and others from the Meterological and Astronomical societies are among those determining the criteria used. Could be interesting.

But the simple answer to your question is no and most forecasters would admit as much. Some might claim to give a general outlook for that period, but not the detail and certainly not for such a small area of the country. If there is high pressure established over the country mid-June, then you may be lucky, otherwise plan for the worst.
lizzie
KG Regular

It is for Glastonbury (providing I get a ticket tomorrow morning in the re-sale) so will pack the wellies and waterproofs just in case. Together with sun lotion too. Still, it's always dry/cool in the bar so I guess it wont be a problem. It's good to rock out in the rain :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Catherine
KG Regular

I could do with a weather forecast for the 29th April. Noooo I have not been invited to the Royal Wedding, (I could not go if I had) because we are off to Wales on our holiday. :lol: Can't wait, but dont know what to pack as I think the weather will have broken for the rest of the year by then. Next year I am booking mid April to make sure we get this sort of weather, as for the last two years it seems that this month the weather has been very good and then it goes haywire. :?

I will cross my fingers for your Lizzie and hope you get the tickets and good weather.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

The MET Office offers up to 30 day forecast, and can be detailed by location:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html

Enjoy

KGAdmin
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

My seaweed is more accurate. :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Catherine
KG Regular

Mmmmm we shall see.
lizzie
KG Regular

I got my ticket for Glastonbury WWWWWWWHHHHHHOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lizzie going off to play with the big kids. In other words, i'm off to camp with some good friends, drink beer and generally misbehave :twisted: I;m driving down and picking a friend up on route. Got my flower garland, jinbley bracelets, shades and a hat. Hoping for front rail on the Friday night on the Pyramid Stage to watch the boys play. But i'll be at that stage to watch BB King and Morrissey anyway, so will take a picnic and stay there all day me things. Got the bottle opener and corkscrew on a metal chain to go around my neck, you need to make sure of supplies :lol: Got my wellies and full waterproofs too. I am so looking forward to this. It's something else to cross off my bucket list. I got my ticket confirmed and literally, one second later, it flashed on screen that it was sold out.

Should be a fab time. Great music, great friends, great company and some fab memories.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic