Beat the price increases

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

Don't forget that the price of postage stamps increases again on 4th April so stock up now if you’re a heavy user.

The price of First and Second class stamps for standard items weighing up to 100g will rise by 5p to 46p and 4p to 36p respectively,

The cost of a Large Letter stamp will rise by 9p to 75p for First Class items and 7p to 58p for Second Class mail.

No wonder e-mail is becoming so popular now, especially at Christmas time when the cost of postage for a card often costs more than the card! As with rail fares, I often think that the more you increase the prices, the fewer customers you get.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I was just thinking what to compare the price of postage against and remembered when I was a girl a first class stamp cost the same as a Mars bar - 4d (4 pence)! How much are Mars bars now?
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Primrose. I only ever buy second class, if everyone done the same, the GPO wouldn't have to sort first from second, so ensuring a faster delivery. :wink:
alan refail
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:I was just thinking what to compare the price of postage against and remembered when I was a girl a first class stamp cost the same as a Mars bar - 4d (4 pence)! How much are Mars bars now?

Surprise, surprise - about 49 pence - and recently reduced in size.

So yer 1st class stamp's a bargain :wink: :wink:
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Thanks for the reminder Primrose - that is my monthly post bill up by over £26! - Joy!
Kind regards,

Elle
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic