A double birthday

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

Have a happy birthday goldilox and the mouse
Johnboy
KG Regular

Happy Birthday Goldilox and The Mouse. May your day be special for you.
JB.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Bert and Goldilox, may you both have a superb day, and both get spoilt. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Happy Birthday to the both of you :D
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Happy Birthday to you both.
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Bert and Goldilox, hope you both have a wonderful day, happy birthday and a fine gardening year for you both. :D
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Primrose
KG Regular

Have Happy Birthdays! Are you going to exchange slices of each other's birthday cake ??
The Mouse
KG Regular

Thank you so much, all of you!

OMG - I've aged ten years overnight! :shock:

In honour of my **th birthday, I treated myself to half a day off, and have spent the afternoon in the garden, tidying up a bit, giving the grass its first cut of the year and christening my brand new gardening fork (prezzie from son no. 2) by lifting some parsnips. Bliss!!!
The real celebrating will be tomorrow, with family coming down for the weekend. I am sure there will be plenty of cake to go around, so Goldilox, and the rest of you too, are welcome to a slice. :D

Thanks again for your best wishes,
Mouse (aka Bert).

I have just realised that this post has brought me up to a milestone that is very similar to my age - nothing (0) separates them!!! :wink:
Last edited by The Mouse on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Happy Birthday to you both, and dear Bert, have a wonderful weekend celebration! :D :D
Kind regards,

Elle
alan refail
KG Regular

The Mouse wrote:I have just realised that this post has brought me up to a milestone that is very similar to my age - nothing (0) separates them!!! :wink:

Now, let me see... post number 5(0)1...that means you'll be 16 next birthday :wink: :wink:
The Mouse
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:
The Mouse wrote:I have just realised that this post has brought me up to a milestone that is very similar to my age - nothing (0) separates them!!! :wink:

Now, let me see... post number 5(0)1...that means you'll be 16 next birthday :wink: :wink:

I can see that I am going to regret making that comment - I age every time I make another post! :lol:
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain
goldilox
KG Regular

Hi Everyone,

So sorry not to reply before now. We've only had 25 days at home since the end of November, but are now back for good.

Thank you so much for all your good wishes . . . and hope Mouse had a good day. No birthday cake here unfortunately :( but looking forward to my piece of Mouse cake!!

The reason we've been away so long is that Eric's Mum had a stroke in December (we'd just finished a 3 week holiday there with her, but luckily had only got as far as Edinburgh when we got the news) so we had to go back to be with her. She was in hospital for the next 3 months until we finally got her transferred to a nursing home. Unfortunately she was only there for 3 days when she died.

Not a good 3 months for us, but we're glad to be home now and I'm looking forward :? to taming the jungle that our garden has become.

Thanks again all - haven't really had my birthday yet, but the weekend's coming up so who knows!

Love,
Chris
www.goldyspinner.blogspot.com
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Chris and Eric, so sorry to read of your sad times.
Hope you can move on, now you are back home and more settled.

And i'm sure you will soon get your garden back into shape.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
goldilox
KG Regular

Thanks OH - just waiting for the weather so I can get into the garden. Good forecast for the weekend :D
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Sorry to hear your sad news, my condolences to you both. I hope it's a better year for you both from now on, glad to hear the weather is improving, grey skies here becoming a bit of a bore, so here's hoping for an early spring and we can all get into the garden again. :D
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic