Lidl garden stuff

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

tracie
KG Regular

Hi All,

Lidl start their garden equip :D ment and plant specials tomorrow 3.3.11.

Worth a look if you are passing. Cold Frames cloches, fruit bushes, fertlisers, seeds ect ect.

It is worth a look.

Tracie
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
Smint
KG Regular

Thanks for this - I might get my husband to detour when he picks me up from the station
JohnN
KG Regular

If you buy a cold frame from Lidl make sure you erect it well out of the wind. They're held together by friction between the plasic panels and aluminium struts and even though I pegged mine to the ground it flew to bits in the first gusty wind! False economy I think they call it :(
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've just returned with two round and two square planters with water reservoirs and some bird netting.

I got a couple of the square planters last year and they have been very useful, a good size and the reservoir works. I've actually got some carrots started in one of them in the greenhouse, but really bought them for ornamentals.
tracie
KG Regular

Hi All,

I dashed down first thing this morning and got some compost maker x2 and grass seed, bird nuts, secateurs ( not worried if they only last a season), and lilly bulbs.

The assistant said she thought they would sell out quickly because they had been very busy with the gardening stuff.
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
haggis
KG Regular

I got a bramble bush and a gooseberry. They are very small but the currant bushes I got a few years ago from Lidl have grown into great bushes - hope they have survived the move to my new lottie.
Also bought a rose arch and a yellow climbing rose (the old boys won't approve) some seeds and a cloche tunnel thing. Will try to grow some lettuce under the cloche - could end up flying over the North Sea though :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic