ITV (Titchmarsh)

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

thetangoman
KG Regular
Location: Land of golden sands,blues skies,cold beer and magical sunsets.

Having had the pleasure of working with Percy and Harry at the Chelsea flower shows, I can assure you they were both excellent horticulturalist.They did not have any support teams or technical support teams , or make up artists..what you saw and what they did was only them.
They did not have any fancy script writers , everything they did came naturally and at that time ..fortunate to have worked with excellent gardeners when a student many years ago....long before the curent crop came along !!!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And they didn't put awful, (death trap when it's wet), decking into so many gardens either. :)

Sorry, Alan fans. :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

Now ,now O.H, you r treading on dangerous ground! leave my man alone.
J.B would luv life size cutout of you and Alan,could scare away the magpies,plus some of the t**s of the lotty :twisted:
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Sorry Grockie. :twisted:

I did meet Alan at the NEC a few years ago, and we were having a few words, that was until the ladies saw us and made a sudden rush, it was alright for Alan he just walk off leaving me to fend the young ladies off. :wink: :twisted:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Compo
KG Regular

I think he is ok, who would not take his opportunities to boost his ego and his bank account if they got the chance? I certainly would!!

When he was on Gardener's world, for me it was the best the prog has ever been (I don't remember any predecessors as I got the growing bug later in life..........so he gets my thumbs up. He manages to put across how to do things in a non highbrow way and does not patronise which is fine to me.

CoMpO
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I did meet Alan at the NEC a few years ago, and we were having a few words, that was until the ladies saw us and made a sudden rush, it was alright for Alan he just walk off leaving me to fend the young ladies off.

OH, you find out who your friends are when trouble rears it's head.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic