ITV (Titchmarsh)

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

For all you AT fans out there....

ITV announced today that it has agreed a major new broadcasting and licensing deal with Alan Titchmarsh and producer Spun Gold Television.

Alan Titchmarsh will not only present a range of daytime and factual programming for ITV1, but will also work with the broadcaster to promote and develop the highly successful Alan Titchmarsh brands across a range of consumer products.

Under a new two-year agreement with Titchmarsh, Spun Gold television and his agent Arlington Enterprises, ITV1 will broadcast four new series of The Alan Titchmarsh Show across 2011 and 2012, as well as a number of peak-time projects that will build on the success of shows such as All The Queen’s Horses and Alan’s Walks of Fame. As part of the deal, The Alan Titchmarsh Show will be filmed, for the first time, at ITV’s The London Studios. In addition, the deal will see the Nation’s favourite gardener bring his unique horticultural skills to ITV1 for the first time in a new peak time gardening and lifestyle series. .

MORE
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I wonder how many millions he's worth now? It will be interesting to see what he's going to be promoting next.

I had a close encounter with a life size cardboard cut-out of him in the gardening section of B & Q yesterday which gave me quite a turn.
alan refail
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:I had a close encounter with a life size cardboard cut-out of him in the gardening section of B & Q yesterday which gave me quite a turn.

Flatmarsh.jpg
Flatmarsh.jpg (52.82 KiB) Viewed 4348 times

BOO!!!!
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

ooooh i had a real life encounter with him at the Malvern show.FAB,FAB FAB.I WAS IN :shock: , :oops: AND CRIED MY EYES OUT,ask the tart,im sure she will revel in my mad behaviour.Which B&Q,IM GONNA ROB THAT CUT OUT AND PLACE IT AT THE END OF ME BED :twisted: :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Johnboy
KG Regular

Ask JB 'cos he was there as well. It took Lizzy and myself a full two hours to calm you down! Shameful!
JB.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

That's the one Alan.

I once walked past him in Kew gardens. He looked very preocupied and extremely smart, so was obviously going to some important do and he was guest of honour at Chatsworth country fair a couple of years ago.

He does well to stay natural with everyone staring at him.
thetangoman
KG Regular
Location: Land of golden sands,blues skies,cold beer and magical sunsets.

Alan although good is not in the same league as Percy Thrower or Harry Wheatcroft..now they were good practical and knowledgable horticulturalists.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

ALAN NOT AS GOOD :oops: SHAMEFUL! LEAVE MY ALAN ALONE! :lol:
alan refail
KG Regular

The Grock in the Frock wrote:ALAN NOT AS GOOD :oops: SHAMEFUL! LEAVE MY ALAN ALONE! :lol:

Percy Thrower.jpg
Percy Thrower.jpg (23.2 KiB) Viewed 4283 times

Hmm! I see your point Grock :wink: :wink:
lizzie
KG Regular

Grockie my little fiend, there's a big Alan up in B&Q in Speke, just as you walk into the outdoor gardening section. He frightens the life outta me every time I see the damn thing. There's a nice worker there called Colin, so have a word

And yes, Grockies Alan Moment was rather funny and Alan himself was a total sport, and didnt even flinch as Grockie launched herself at him. My and the 7 women watching the whole thing had a good heckle at her from the sidelines. What a fab day that was :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Monika
KG Regular

And to think that I pass his childhood home about once a week! Without swooning, too.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Tangoman,
Much as you may have thought of Percy Thrower and Harry Wheatcroft, which I did in their time, but Alan Titchmarch outshines both of them.
I am aware that there are plenty of people who may dislike Alan but he is a brilliant horticulturalist and what that man could pass on to us all, given the opportunity, is boundless.
Do you really think that people would be foolish enough not to accept his advice simply because they do not appreciate his finer points?
So, to some, he comes over a little brash at times but he is a horticulturalist to his very finger tips.
I don't mind saying that I respect him very highly.
JB.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

Hi Hi well said J.B. You r my 2nd hero xxxx
Tigger
KG Regular

I'm sure JB would be willing to provide you with a cardboard image of himself Grock, for your boudoir. :P
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Tigger,
What are you trying to do frighten the children. Shame on you. :wink:
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic