Hughs fish fight

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Arnie
KG Regular

Hi Oldherbaceous

As long as its just her tallons mate :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Kind regards

Kevin :lol: :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
John Walker
KG Regular

@Johnboy
Please read my previous comment for the answer to your question.

@oldherbaceous
They always seem to be trying to fit so much into a day, they seem to forget to enjoy it.
Spot on. I don't think the ecosystem of small and 'slow' local shops will flourish until we all learn to slow down and open our eyes and souls to what we're missing.

Supermarkets are just one symptom of how derailed, in many ways, our lives have become.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

Well thats this debate sorted,we all happy now?

O.H AND kEVIN........ HAVNT GOT A CLUE WHAT YOU 2 ON ABOUT :wink:

OH and i for got to say my fav shop of all was the chandlers,loves the smell of the place.
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
alan refail
KG Regular

I don't think the ecosystem of small and 'slow' local shops will flourish until we all learn to slow down and open our eyes and souls to what we're missing.
Supermarkets are just one symptom of how derailed, in many ways, our lives have become.

Come, you dewy-eyed young sentimentalists; let me take you back well over half a century.............

No supermarkets, no cars (for most people) a couple of buses a day to the nearest town. Once a fortnight a van came round selling soap and parrafin. Once a week the Co-op travelling shop arrived selling everything you wanted, provided it was bread, margarine, porridge oats, bacon, bread.....Oh, and any cheese you fancied, so long as it was Lancashire! And please remember, in those days women did not have careers or even jobs; they washed, cleaned, cooked and spent hours traipsing round from one "small shop" to another with a shopping basket. Happy days!!

Why do you hankerers after a world that never existed think that supermarkets were so welcomed when they arrived in the late 'fifties and early 'sixties? And why do you think they are so popular nowadays?

A string of local shops selling a limited range of often poor quality goods or our recently arrived Waitrose (yes, even here in north-west Wales!). No contest.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Fell out with your local butcher have you, Alan. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Johnboy
KG Regular

John Walker.
So for 18 months you were a farm labourer. You milked cows and you helped generally about the farm. That's fine with me but my question was what qualification have you got in animal husbandry and with your repeated refusal to answer the question means that you are not qualified to answer questions on the diseases and deficiencies in new born calves.
You describe trying to save a new born calf which was sadly one born that was unable to suckle and no matter what you did the calf died.
You seem to think that the fault was with the human tending the calf but it was a deficient calf and because it couldn't suckle it meant that you were on a looser from the off. I praise your efforts but you put it down to cruelty when the fault was with the calf and nothing to do with cruelty.
Had you known more about cattle you would have realized it.
That is why I posed the question.
JB.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

good morning alan! and how old are you?????? :lol:
JOHNBOY!!!!! if you do not stop this fight i am personally going to come down your end of the country,take you to our little shed,take down your pants and SMACK YOUR BUM! YOU NAUGHTY ,NAUGHTY JOHNBOY! :twisted:
alan refail
KG Regular

The Grock in the Frock wrote:good morning alan! and how old are you?????? :lol:

To you I'm a wrinkly - to Johnboy I'm a youngster. You don't have to be that old to remember what crap small shops could be in the 1940s and 1950s :( :(

JOHNBOY!!!!! if you do not stop this fight i am personally going to come down your end of the country,take you to our little shed,take down your pants and SMACK YOUR BUM! YOU NAUGHTY ,NAUGHTY JOHNBOY! :twisted:

That'll ensure the fight goes on :twisted: :twisted:
Johnboy
KG Regular

Dear Grocky,
There is no fight to speak of. But, knowing what a beautiful strapping lass you are, just so long as you promise to do it slowly you are more than welcome here at any time. You could even bring LPP to assist you!
JB.
peter
KG Regular

H
Johnboy wrote:Dear Grocky,
There is no fight to speak of. But, knowing what a beautiful strapping lass you are, just so long as you promise to do it slowly you are more than welcome here at any time. You could even bring LPP to assist you!
JB.

At least he'll arrive at the pearly gates smiling..... :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
richward
KG Regular

[
Excellent post OH.

I hate supermarkets, noisy, overcrowded, often come out feeling very stressed. Waitrose is nice, I agree Alan, but a bit too pricey for most people.
Monika
KG Regular

My OH and I must be peculiar - we like supermarket shopping. Being luckily retired, we pick our time when it isn't busy and just saunter through all the aisles in order. Mostly we buy much the same stuff but occasionally we see something a bit different and try it. I much prefer that to standing in front of a counter and being served.

We regularly shop at Tesco, Booths and Waitrose and occasionally at Morrisons. Waitrose now has lots of offers (BOGOF and the like) and their prices aren't that much higher nowadays, richward!
Geoff
KG Regular

I have decided not to contribute to these polarised political threads. Below is a link to an article that is nothing to do with the thread or even gardening but does offer a considered insight into how the Internet changes how we respond to the opinions others express. I hope you find it interesting and it makes you think before you post.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12536855
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Geoff, i have read the link through as carefully as i can, and think i will be joining you in not contributing in certain threads.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

Geoff half the time i dont respond to posts when they get political is because i dont bloody understand them :oops:
And as for you Mr J.B "theres an offer a big girl can not refuse!" xxx
Locked Previous topicNext topic